In watching my flights, two questions for the experts:

Reaction score
So I've got about 10 or 15 flights now, and when I watch the videos that I shot at 1080 P 24 FPS, in an overhead sunny day, I get some Flickr that seems to come and go . Today I got a weak transmission video Alert, could that be part of it? Also I assume that any weak transmission signals can possibly be eliminated by moving the drone higher, I was only about 2000 ft out, and 200 ft up.

Also, is there anything you can do in terms of flying to eliminate the propellers when you're filming? My propellers are constantly in my shots as I move the drone forward, am I just moving the drone too fast.?

Thanks and advance

Certainly just flying too fast. Or in a really strong headwind. But generally just slow down. For the most part, footage can always be sped up in post, too.

Last edited:
Video flicker in the movie stored in the cash of your phone or tablet is normal but you should have no flicker from the videos on the SD card from the craft when played on your computer.

Not sure which 'player' used was mention (some might flicker and some not). You might want compare with WMP, QT and VLC.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It's probably either an SD card that's too slow or your computer maybe too slow. Did you try copying the files from the card to a disk on the computer?

Are you sure the flicker is not "prop shadows"? If the sun is directly overhead, you will get prop shadows. You can use a tulip shade around the lens to prevent this.

Nah....I think it's overexposure , not sure, but in re watching it i'm going to slow down (was doing 35 mph) and see if that makes a difference tomorrow afternoon flying the same mission.

I had this exact problem, it was prop shadows cured by a shade for the lens.

To fly fast and not have the props appear just fly the drone backwards. That way the props are titled away from the camera. On the flickering it may be your shutter speed. Shutter should be set to no more than twice the fps. In your case is spf is 24 then your shutter should be set to 50

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1