IMU and Compass Calibration Reading

If you think the app is telling you to calibrate, look closer.
The wording will say Magnetic field interference - move the aircraft or recalibrate.
That wording is incorrect.
The correct action is to move the drone away from the magnetic influence the compass has dtetcted.
Recalibrating will not fix that.
Agreed, I experience a compass error, and compass recalibration request whenever I start the AC next to my
PC.

Agreed, I experience a compass error, and compass recalibration request whenever I start the AC next to my PC.
It's not a request to calibrate. It's telling you to move the drone.
The suggestion to calibrate is wrong and confusing.
i-5CPNRw6-M.png

Reactions: N017RW
I have not recalibrated my compass on my obsidian since it left China! If my P4P hovers steady outside of VPS range then my compass is ok. If I still have doubts, I do the precision landing test using RTH. I do my hover test whenever I go out flying.

I have not recalibrated my compass on my obsidian since it left China! If my P4P hovers steady outside of VPS range then my compass is ok. If I still have doubts, I do the precision landing test using RTH. I do my hover test whenever I go out flying.

Thus clearly illustrates that so long as nothing changes ON the aircraft there is no need to perform compensation. Even when traveling long distances from the point of execution.

Thus clearly illustrates that so long as nothing changes ON the aircraft there is no need to perform compensation. Even when traveling long distances from the point of execution.
I have taken my P4P with me in the Philippines for vacation. It experienced auto RTH and it was able to fly back to homepoint.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT