iMax B6AC Charging for Phantom 3 Batteries

Reaction score
Hello Everyone - I am finding mixed information on how to properly charge a P3 battery with the iMax B6AC charger... Can anyone provide me with the correct settings to charge a battery, and to discharge a battery?

Much appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I didn't know you could charge these batteries with a third party charger! very interested if you can or night.

I wondering if you could use the iMax B6AC to charge phantom batteries. I found this on eBay Charging Cable Adapter for DJI Phantom 3 2+ Battery to B6 B6AC Balance Charger but not sure I want to try when batteries are not cheap to buy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
you can and I do. set to Pb battery, 18 volts, use a traxxis adapter if you have one (or buy a DJI adapter, but the other works fine). TURN THE BATTERY ON before you push start on charger and charge away. it will not charge at 5amp, typically maxs at 3amp. Seems to have same charging time as DJI adapter. Since the battery disconnects when fully charged, the charger will error beep disconnected when battery is done. You are just using the B6AC as a power supply on the Pb setting. the voltage on the screen is the current battery charge (or very close to it when I checked)

B

Reactions: k9time
Thanks Imabiggles... That is pretty much what I have understood as well. I appreciate your response.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

you can and I do. set to Pb battery, 18 volts, use a traxxis adapter if you have one (or buy a DJI adapter, but the other works fine). TURN THE BATTERY ON before you push start on charger and charge away. it will not charge at 5amp, typically maxs at 3amp. Seems to have same charging time as DJI adapter. Since the battery disconnects when fully charged, the charger will error beep disconnected when battery is done. You are just using the B6AC as a power supply on the Pb setting. the voltage on the screen is the current battery charge (or very close to it when I checked)

B
Can it be done from any charger then? I have Hyperion and Revo electrics x10 chargers?

Can it be done from any charger then? I have Hyperion and Revo electrics x10 chargers?
I dont know, dont have every charger. The charger is simply a power supply for the phantom, so as long as your charger has a lead acid battery setting, I would imagine its good.

I don't know anything about batteries so I was wondering why do you set the B6 to Pb? They are LiPo batteries and the B6 also has a LiPo setting.
Thanks.

Because you are using the charger as a power supply.
The Pb setting is the closest thing to a power supply.

I DO NOT HAVE THE CHARGER YOU ARE SPEAKING OF AND CANNOT COMMENT SPECIFICALLY.

Please be mindful of your voltage setting and do not leave the battery charging unattended!!!

Charging is when most LiPo accidents (fires) seem to occur so be careful.

Because you are using the charger as a power supply.
The Pb setting is the closest thing to a power supply.

I DO NOT HAVE THE CHARGER YOU ARE SPEAKING OF AND CANNOT COMMENT SPECIFICALLY.

Please be mindful of your voltage setting and do not leave the battery charging unattended!!!

Charging is when most LiPo accidents (fires) seem to occur so be careful.

The lipo setting on the charger will be looking for v drop and current deltas during charging and vary current accordingly. this is the same thing the smart battery circuit is looking at and regulating. If u use the lipo setting on the charger, the smart battery regulation of the charge fubars the chargers smart charging and it will error out. If u supply constant voltage to the dji smart circuit, it (the DJI circuit) regulates the amperage and the charger is fat dumb and happy. The charger will error when the dji circuit cuts connection from the source once battery is full and thats OK as the battery is full - mission accomplished. The error is connection lost or something like that. The pb battery setting is just a supply of constant voltage at whatever u set the cell count too.

Last edited:
Reactions: k9time and Kraut55
Thanks. That's what I said. I'm not the OP. I'm not sure why your quoting me. I've said for years, yes 2, that the smart batt interface does not provide the CC/CV charging profile preferred for LiPos. This can be observed by something as simple as monitoring pack voltage during charging. Max pack voltage should be achieved after about 60% of charge time with the remaining 40% the charger reducing current at a rate allowing max voltage to remain constant. After current drops to about .1C the charger then shuts off.
I do not use anything other than the supplied chargers for my DJI products but have used LiPos for about 1.5 decades on my CP-helis.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.