image cutting out at about 1,000 to 1200 feet

Reaction score
As of late my 4 Pro while flying at distances of between 1,000 and 1400 feet the image has been cutting out, I get a green screen to totally black. The image will come back on partially then go out again. One of two things I'm wondering my iPad shut down in high 90 degree weather and the 4 Pro RTH feature kicked in and it came back. The other can I run a lower resolution on my display that will not demand a lot of resources for an image.
This drone is advertised to fly out 3 plus miles, I primarily photograph and videography trains and have just started going greater distances and now I'm a little nervous about flying out to far. I would like to fly out about 2000 to 2500 feet without fear. Any ideas suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, agrafton

As of late my 4 Pro while flying at distances of between 1,000 and 1400 feet the image has been cutting out, I get a green screen to totally black. The image will come back on partially then go out again. One of two things I'm wondering my iPad shut down in high 90 degree weather and the 4 Pro RTH feature kicked in and it came back. The other can I run a lower resolution on my display that will not demand a lot of resources for an image.
This drone is advertised to fly out 3 plus miles, I primarily photograph and videography trains and have just started going greater distances and now I'm a little nervous about flying out to far. I would like to fly out about 2000 to 2500 feet without fear. Any ideas suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, agrafton
It can fly 3+miles in FCC config... it’s not a guarantee however. If your iPad was running hot the processor may have been throttled down and that would go a long way to explaining poor video rendering.

It can fly 3+miles in FCC config... it’s not a guarantee however. If your iPad was running hot the processor may have been throttled down and that would go a long way to explaining poor video rendering.

Thank you, after some thought what your saying makes sense, I did shut down most of my apps and that seemed to help somewhat.
Thanks for the input and information, agrafton

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl