I'm so mad, I'm going to buy a P2 - need advice

freefall101 said:
dragonash said:
I take it the heatsink is the side thats labeled with the immersion info

http://www.immersionrc.com/fpv_products ... _thumb.jpg

Yes you want strip on the other side, align it all up so when you stick it on the P2 you get it near to the edge just before the battery slot. I can PM you a photo if you need it.

that would be great, thanks.
youtube showed many different ways of doing it. But I'd rather go by what this community says

HeliTV said:
I don't reckon the hero 2 will work with the 2D or 3D gimbals...
Mike said:
Unfortunately, the H3-3D will only work with a Hero 3 or 3+ (H3). The Hero 2 is larger and won't fit properly.
****! Well, looks like I'll be buying a Hero3 as well (and probably a 4 as well when it comes out :shock:
Mike said:
Why are you ordering an extra landing gear? I'd hold off until you actually (if ever) need one.
Flying my manual, unstabilized single-rotor copter taught me to always have spare parts. :roll:
I would love to not need them though!

BostonPhotog said:
HeliTV said:
I don't reckon the hero 2 will work with the 2D or 3D gimbals...
Mike said:
Unfortunately, the H3-3D will only work with a Hero 3 or 3+ (H3). The Hero 2 is larger and won't fit properly.
****! Well, looks like I'll be buying a Hero3 as well (and probably a 4 as well when it comes out :shock:
Mike said:
Why are you ordering an extra landing gear? I'd hold off until you actually (if ever) need one.
Flying my manual, unstabilized single-rotor copter taught me to always have spare parts. :roll:
I would love to not need them though!

Why do you want a GoPro Hero 4? I think the Hero 3+ is good enough, maybe I'm missing something?

I would say spend the money on getting a P2V+. It's ready to go out of the box (after you charge the batteries and update the firmware that is). It's well worth the money and has everything you want. You save yourself the trouble of having to put anything together and you know it will work right the first time. I am totally satisfied with mine and can't fly it enough. I bought two extra batteries which gives me plenty of flight time. If you want a turn-key, hassle-free solution, that's what I would recommend.

freefall101 said:
Why do you want a GoPro Hero 4? I think the Hero 3+ is good enough, maybe I'm missing something?

The 3+ is great, don't get me wrong, but the 4 is going to be better. :D Specifically, it will be able to actually shoot usable 4K footage (at 30 frames per second, instead of the unusable 15fps of the 3+) and the 2.7K and 1080p frame rates will be even better, meaning they can be slowed and stabilized better than the 3+.

Pico de Gallo said:
I would say spend the money on getting a P2V+.

I'm a professional photographer, and unfortunately something that comes along with that is very high standards for image quality from the cameras I use. The Vision+'s camera is okay, but it's not as good as the GoPro.

I'm honestly using the Phantom as a trainer to learn the ropes before I buy an S800 or larger to fly a camera like my Sony A7s, to get actual pro-quality video!
For the time being though (including my wedding next week, which I'll be using the P2+Hero3 to get aerials of!), the Phantom will be lots of fun to learn on. :D

Thanks guys!
Special shout out to OI and Harry who helped me out with the specifics.

Everything got delivered (actually, still waiting for the tarrot mount).
I hooked it all up and everything worked!

I'm using velcro to keep the immersion on the phantom, but I have my doubts about it. Cant find any command clips the right size for it.

Although it does feel like it takes a lot of force to really get the immersion off of the velcro.

Here are some pics!

Attachments

• IMG_20140815_165721.jpg
    IMG_20140815_165721.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_20140815_165729.jpg
    IMG_20140815_165729.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_20140815_165745.jpg
    IMG_20140815_165745.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 360

Members online