Iitchi problems

Reaction score
Anyone having problems with litchi. Everytime I select return the home when signal is lost in the settings it automatically goes back to hover. This is very dangerous. Anyone else noticed this ?

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

The problem with RTH when signal is lost is you can't be sure whether the AC is getting your RTH request ... since ... signal is lost. If signal came back, it'll get it. If signal is intermittent, it might get it. If signal is lost, it doesn't matter because it will RTH anyway, provided you have the AC set to actually return to home and not do something else such as auto land.

So you must be sure your RTH setting will send the AC to the home point.

If that is the case, then the fool proof method of getting your AC home is to turn off your controller.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Neon Euc
This setting is kept in the drone itself. Accessing this setting requires link with controller and drone to see what the setting is or to change it. Litchi will display "Hover" by default when actually the drone may not be set with this setting. As far as signal lost behaviour, if Litchi (while linked with drone) was set to RTH, then if flying manually it will do just that, RTH. If signal is lost during a mission, it will fly the mission.

Thanks guys. Was just a bit concerned as I was flying and thought I would check a few settings as it hovered above me then noticed it was set to hover if signal is lost even tho I set it as RTH

Well double check settings/action. It would hover at H point till battery fell to critical I think. Fly it away to a safe area/height( 150 ft or so away from H), then close your eyes and turn controller off to see it's action.(Leave display/Litchi on/open) I myself will now have to check mine as well to check if Litchi messed something up............

1. You can't control your aircraft with RC if communication signal is lost.

2. If signal is lost for over three seconds, and you are not running a mission, it with do one of the three actions based on RTH option you selected previously.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The problem is I selected RTH in the litchi settings. And when I took off it resetted back to hover. Done that a few times. Bit worried about using waypoints in case it mucks up that too

I would go to a nice big open field and spend some time with it. Experiment with various settings and scenarios while maintaining LOS at all times. Keep at it until you've figured everything out.

How can we overcome the USB debug problem takes like 5 min to get the Tab to connect to the drone by that time you have lost
valuable battery flight time!!!??? getting pissed off now to be honest with Litchi app :(
Need help PLEASE!!?? I had my 1st successful Mission flight and it was so awesome and at the last
way point i lost connection.
HELP what do i miss? BTW i am using a brand new Galaxy Tab A because my S6 restarts
with Litchi (Phantom 4)

How can we overcome the USB debug problem takes like 5 min to get the Tab to connect to the drone by that time you have lost
valuable battery flight time!!!??? getting pissed off now to be honest with Litchi app :(
Need help PLEASE!!?? I had my 1st successful Mission flight and it was so awesome and at the last
way point i lost connection.
HELP what do i miss? BTW i am using a brand new Galaxy Tab A because my S6 restarts
with Litchi (Phantom 4)

See this: Galaxy Tab A Disconnected

Just want to thank Grammaton Claeric for pointing out this issue on Phantom forum. It works fine if you start the bird and RC up plug in USB and then only start the TAB
Hope with the feature updates this issue will be resolved. The problem is with both DJIGo App and Litchi app.
I will fly a huge mission this afternoon and will keep you guy's up to date what has happen :)

Now something new came up! :( Load my mission and i had to pause and then no more control over the drone!! Had to wait out till battery run out!
Be honest now does Litchi work or not? Cant fly a drone with so many issues its ridiculous

Not happy drone pilot :(

Well i did select FPR and no luck just hanged there!?
This what i got from healthy drone stats (IOC Error: A higher priority mission is executing)

Last edited:
DemonSeed on YouTube had a great tip in one of his videos. He set RTH to 150ft above the home point. Then you have clearance from most obstacles hopefully as many folks just set RTH at ground level and have crashed their drone enroute. I am wondering with the P4P and the 5 way collision avoidance if that is no longer an issue? Will it fly around everything on the way home in an RTH situation.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

So, I went out this afternoon to test some of the issues posted recently re- Litchi RTH, etc.
Now, its cold, 12 below zero celcuis, could this affect litchi? Try as I might , my P3A would not "take" my Litchi hub mission. I;ve had to load a mission, 2 x in the past, to get her to go, but, today, I tried to load mission, 6-7 x with no joy. Finally, switching to P mode I made sure all was good, into Att mode & did a 18 minute flight, which considering the temperature I was quite impressed.
Anyone had weather affect a Litchi mission upload?
ps- RTH works perfectly below zero!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94