If you just purchased a brand new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 READ!

Re: If you just purchased a brand new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 R

There are 45 pages here . Start reading. The bottom line is this. The 2.0 marked on the board is meaningless for this conversion, that s the FM version . The sticker, or no markings on the paper next to the QR code is what you want. Some say nothing. some say '2.0' some say '2.1" IF you have the newest motors then you want '2.1"

I sent back my P2V+V3 today to Amazon after recieving the following reply from Coptershop who sold me the quad via Amazon:

"XXXX,

We are sorry you are dissatisfied with the customer service.

We have no way of knowing what ESCs the manufacturer uses. We normally do not open any boxes from the manufacturer to maintain the new condition. It is very likely if we sent you another unit it would have the same unmarked ESCs. I checked our inventory of parts (which we got last week) and all our ESCs are 2.0. We would have been unable to help you.

Regards,

XXXX

Regards,

XXXXXXXXX
CopterShop Customer Support
1-844 COPTER1 (1-844-334-2221)"

That was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I am now happily Phantomless for the moment but will still closely follow events waiting to pull the trigger on another one. Since I need one for work in the not too distant future I can't wait for the year+ for other competitors to pop up and will have to just wait until DJI gets its act together. Hopefully this will happen sooner rather than later but I'm not counting on it knowing what I know now.

Ridiculous, why don't you just fly whatever you have without looking inside and worrying in advance?
There is no way of telling what esc you will have inside.

By opening the shell, you are voiding your warranty so good luck with opening every phantom you receive just to check this out. Read DJI terms and conditions, warranty etc.

You are killing all the fun from it, just fly it **** it...

un hombre said:
By opening the shell, you are voiding your warranty so good luck with opening every phantom you receive just to check this out. Read DJI terms and conditions, warranty etc.

No, you're not - per DJI.

tpallred said:
un hombre said:

No, you're not - per DJI.

True. You don't void the warranty by opening the shell. Where else us phantom 2 non vision users have to mount the anti interference board if DJI recommends to install it inside the shell.

Btw im getting my phantom next week and the first thing I will do is to open the shell

Wow all this conflicting information is making my head spin. Over at the DJI forum I have read that opening the shell voids the warranty according to a DJI tech. I ordered two P2V+ in November and opened both shells. One has the 2.1 esc and the other has the esc with no version number. I looked at the esc's very closely on both models and did not see any melted mosfets or deformed wires. Everything in both copters looked normal. Both have 19 flights each flown in cold weather and flown non-aggressively. I also alternate between quads so I dont put one back to back in the air and give it a rest. I'll be a good test to see if there really is a problem with the esc versions because at this point I'm going to fly them and not worry.

rdc4444 said:
Wow all this conflicting information is making my head spin. Over at the DJI forum I have read that opening the shell voids the warranty according to a DJI tech.

To be more precise, opening the shell voids the warranty according to what one poster said that a DJI tech told him. There is no confirmation from DJI in any way/shape/form. Furthermore, I've talked to to DJI "techs" on a few occasions. I asked all three the same question and got three different answers. I would never take as gospel what one DJI tech tells me. Those people are NOT all on the same page.

So why would dji say in their videos that for example the anti interference board can go inside if we void their warranty by opening the shell.

U can clearly see what I'm saying In their latest video in their youtube channel when they install the h4-3d gimbal

I am also in the camp of no warranty voiding by opening it.

Notwithstanding, How would they know?

Assuming you don't damage fasteners.

Well it just wasnt what the tech told him it is also taken from the terms and conditions for the warranty:

Simple to read the warranty card or straight from DJI's website

1. The following conditions must be met for warranty service:
During warranty period, product is normal used, as intended by the manufacturer.
No unauthorized disassembling, modification or installation has been performed.
Labels, Serial Numbers, waterproof mark, false proof mark, etc. show no signs of tampering or altering;
Valid proof-of-purchase, receipt or order number (DJI Direct Sales.is provided.

I guess the real question is has anyone sent their ver3 with the wrong esc in to DJI for repair under warranty? The only way to determine if you had the incorrect esc is to open the shell so im assuming if you sent it in under warranty repair opening the shell doesnt void the warranty.

Eltrochaphantom said:
So why would dji say in their videos that for example the anti interference board can go inside if we void their warranty by opening the shell.

U can clearly see what I'm saying In their latest video in their youtube channel when they install the h4-3d gimbal

Good point however I have the vision plus so there is no good reason for me to open the shell. I agree opening the shell shouldn't void the warranty unless they can determine you damaged something in the process. Is the warranty the same for all DJI models?

this just in from DJI

Dear...

Upon inspection of your Phantom we were able to diagnose your issue as a damaged ESC. The components have been replaced and your Phantom has been updated, test flown, and is fully functional. It has been sent to our shipping department where you will receive a FedEx tracking number once it is sent out.

Thank you for supporting DJI products. If you have any other questions, please contact our support center at 818-235-0789 M-F 9AM-5PM Pacific Time. Thank you and have a nice day!

Sincerely,
DJI Repair Team
The Future of Possible

DJI North America

Prylar Bek said:
this just in from DJI

Dear...

Upon inspection of your Phantom we were able to diagnose your issue as a damaged ESC. The components have been replaced and your Phantom has been updated, test flown, and is fully functional. It has been sent to our shipping department where you will receive a FedEx tracking number once it is sent out.

Thank you for supporting DJI products. If you have any other questions, please contact our support center at 818-235-0789 M-F 9AM-5PM Pacific Time. Thank you and have a nice day!

Sincerely,
DJI Repair Team
The Future of Possible

DJI North America

Did you send yours in for repair only because the ESC was not marked with a version number or were you having a problem with your quad not operating properly? Did DJI fix it under warranty? I might contact them if this is truly a problem of them installing the incorrect esc's... Ridiculous.

My V3 unfortunately has unmarked ESCs. I opened the shell and moved the wires away from contact, flown about 10 times since purchase with no issue.

I'm tempted to just order V2.1 esc's from helipal instead of waiting for them to fail. I'd rather spend the extra $80 and have peace of mind than chance a total failure in a bush or in the drink. And I really don't have the patience to deal with DJI if she goes down.

Is anyone else with unmarked ESCs considering this? Or am I being paranoid?

gbello23 said:
My V3 unfortunately has unmarked ESCs. I opened the shell and moved the wires away from contact, flown about 10 times since purchase with no issue.

I'm tempted to just order V2.1 esc's from helipal instead of waiting for them to fail. I'd rather spend the extra $80 and have peace of mind than chance a total failure in a bush or in the drink. And I really don't have the patience to deal with DJI if she goes down.

Fixed it under warranty. Unmarked ESC's and one flyaway. I just wanted to make sure I would not have any issues. It was a V3

Prylar Bek said:
gbello23 said:

Fixed it under warranty. Unmarked ESC's and one flyaway. I just wanted to make sure I would not have any issues. It was a V3

So you just didnt tell them you had umarked esc but had another flight "flyaway" problem. Im going to contact them and see what they tell me and try to have them replace all four esc with the correct ones. Do you know if having unmarked esc is enough to fix under warranty? Plus they said fixed "damaged" esc. Im assuming the damaged esc is replacing all four incorrect esc? Did you tell them that you had opened the phantom and noticed there were umarked esc and was that was sufficient enough for them to tell you to send it in? I appreciate all of your help. Thanks

rdc4444 said:
Prylar Bek said:
gbello23 said:

So you just didnt tell them you had umarked esc but had another flight "flyaway" problem. Im going to contact them and see what they tell me and try to have them replace all four esc with the correct ones. Do you know if having unmarked esc is enough to fix under warranty?
From what I've read they won't replace them unless something actually happened. I'm curious to know what he told them as well.

Very disappointed on how they are treating this issue.

Prylar Bek said:
gbello23 said:

Prylar do you mind posting the email you sent to them that got them to tell you to send it in for repairs? Im also curious if they replaced all four esc to 2.1 or just replaced the one or two "damaged" components?

gbello23 said:
From what I've read they won't replace them unless something actually happened. I'm curious to know what he told them as well.

Thanks saved me the time and effort contacting them. I guess I'm going to fly the umarked esc phantom more often than the one that I have that has the 2.1 esc and see if it fails or give me any problems...

rdc4444 said:
gbello23 said:

Thanks saved me the time and effort contacting them. I guess I'm going to fly the umarked esc phantom more often than the one that I have that has the 2.1 esc and see if it fails or give me any problems...
Again just my observations... But It seems these issues are only present when the motors come to a forced stop.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl