If you just purchased a brand new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 READ!

Re: If you just purchased a brand new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 R

Hey burlbark I really appreciate all the input on upgrading the wire gauge. I run a family owned car audio shop and that clear substance is called shellac and its purpose is to insulate from the other windings, the same thing a voice coil has from a speaker on its copper windings. My question is still what temp is the insulation of the oxygen free copper wire?

And most coil windings, they actually use lacquer and not enamel. Now days it's actually more of a polymer coating.
Temperature class all depends on what wire and insulation method they used and what they rated it at.

Richard

jasonb777 said:
Hey burlbark I really appreciate all the input on upgrading the wire gauge. I run a family owned car audio shop and that clear substance is called shellac and its purpose is to insulate from the other windings, the same thing a voice coil has from a speaker on its copper windings. My question is still what temp is the insulation of the oxygen free copper wire?

Even if they used inexpensive wire, you would hope they would be rated to 220F which is the lowest NEMA Classification (A) but honestly, who knows what they used or the quality of it.

rwskinner said:
And most coil windings, they actually use lacquer and not enamel. Now days it's actually more of a polymer coating.
Temperature class all depends on what wire and insulation method they used and what they rated it at.

Richard

jasonb777 said:

rwskinner said:
Even if they used inexpensive wire, you would hope they would be rated to 220F which is the lowest NEMA Classification (A) but honestly, who knows what they used or the quality of it.

rwskinner said:

Richard

jasonb777 said:

I exposed it to 2000f till the wire glowed. It would not burn and after those temps I was able to physically remove it by using 320 grit sandpaper. I am sure it can handle 400f all day long. It probably rated to 800f and thats why the solder wont burn off the polyamide.

Jeremy James

Burlbark Im wanting to know what is the temp. rating on the insulation of the wire you are using to do the swap? Sorry if my question wasn't straight to the point :)

jasonb777 said:
Burlbark Im wanting to know what is the temp. rating on the insulation of the wire you are using to do the swap? Sorry if my question wasn't straight to the point :)

Its silicone fine braid rated to 200c or 392f. In reality those temps can be greatly exceeded as there should be no chaffing for the insulation to deal with. I have exposed them to well over 600f with no signs of fatigue.

Burlbark I was wondering if you melted the solder off the factory winding at the esc if you would find that the shellac was not cleaned off the wire before they made their solder joint. That would really spell disaster and could be the direct result of so many isuues. I hope thats not the case... :?

jasonb777 said:
Burlbark I was wondering if you melted the solder off the factory winding at the esc if you would find that the shellac was not cleaned off the wire before they made their solder joint. That would really spell disaster and could be the direct result of so many isuues. I hope thats not the case... :?

This very well could be the bottle neck that we are seeing get hot on the esc. I have not had a failed esc sent to me with motor leads attached and will pay $25 to anyone that sends me one. :D However it must be an esc that experienced the melting solder tab. Components sent out meant for upgrading or spare parts come pre-tinned and clean of shellac/polyimide. This may be different than what they use for factory installations.

The fets will blow if there is an obstruction, this we already know and its always been the case with hotter motors. It comes as no shock, look at the windings on the new motors vs the old ones.

Many if not most manufacturers assume it will cook off when the molten solder hits it. In fact many wire insulators are meant to do this during fabrications. This is not the case with this one....

Jeremy James

Based on what facts do you make the statement that "many if not most ....... ". I am asking this as I cann't imagine or belief that professional factories do not know what they are doing (as you suggest) and ďo not properly test their production-proces before upscaling.

aartsf said:
Based on what facts do you make the statement that "many if not most ....... ". I am asking this as I cann't imagine or belief that professional factories do not know what they are doing (as you suggest) and ďo not properly test their production-proces before upscaling.

If we we're talking US, UK or Germany professional factories, the answer would be yes they do know. When many of the US based manufactures sourced material from China they hit huge issues related to QC. Even today, without local supervision to the process, QC and proper engineering protocol is not always followed. I'm being general in my statement and not implying that DJI is one way or another.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the old motor wrench fit on the new 2312 motors? If not, why would you change the motor's vain design to not be compatible with existing design? It's not a big deal, but why change? Only if your engineering protocol was not sound.... So what else has changed or been "overlooked"?

I do not think they changed the motor because of design issues with the old motor. As in cars, they just wanted to accommodate customer wishes. Stronger motors allow for instance carring more camera or fpv equipment or allow for more speed as some customers like. So the new motors are not there because of problems with the previous onces. What might be a problem though, is that the old ecs and/or ecs-fw someway did not match appropriatly with the new motors. Difficult to understand in the story of ths thread is all the different ecs versions and ecs-fw version that are reported in this story and the quedtion why some seem the have problems and many others not. I think the most sad thing in all this is the very poor way dji is communicating with respect to this topic, thereby adding to the confusdion which currently dominates this sad story.

On the user forum on the DJI site someone posted that we should have 'faith' that DJI will fix all of these problems. Really? That they totally confuse their customers by releasing products and versions with out explanation? And then when we complain and/or don't understand they refuse to acknowledge the issues! And this poster went on to say that if we don't stop complaining we may not have DJI around and then we wont have the parts to fix the products they sell us. Are you kidding me? This DJI company sucks. plain and simple. AND the Inspire 1 from 'launch' to recent is a complete disaster. Oh call me 'trolling' if you must but it is the truth. Some Guys have spend thousands and they can't get the birds to fly and now Apple won't certify their app. Please. This a bad joke!

I've decided to send back my unflown P2V+V3. Not worth the risk. Going to sit on my refund and watch what happens. Waiting for positive news over the next few months that these things are actually safe to fly.

maybe it is not the right topic but should I get the P2 non vision v1.0 or the P2 non vision v2.0. I just can't make a decision cause of these failures and since I don't live in the US but will be picking it up from the US and bring in it to my home country, It will be difficult to send it back for replacement

Thank u
Cheers

knowonecares said:
How about a Hubsan with a Parachute? Shouldn't be hard in the near future to find a Craft worthy of our hard earned money...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD6__UpwXZ0
I just learned how to pronounce Hubsan by watching this video. I've been pronouncing it wrong all of this time.

I will say that, that was a nice marketing piece.

Monte55 said:
I have a Phantom 1 since April 2014. I have flown it many times. It flies great. I have been wanting to upgrade to a more sophisticated model but with all the problems you guys are having I haven't. I just ordered another Phantom 1 because it was on sale for $379 . I want to have fun and not be posting here how my expensive quad took a dump. I really feel for you. Maybe someday they will get the problems sorted out. Until then I will keep it simple.
Hmmm, $379 you say? Might be a good purchase for a scout quad to test the area and routes for radio interference, etc.

Could someone clarify exactly how to tell what esc is in your unit? My board said it was v2. The white sticker the other end didnt have any version on it. My retailer went to replace tne unit and the brand new one also had v2 stamped on tne board but i dont think it had anything on the sticker..

Has it been confirmed that you can tell by just switching the unit on? It takes a good half an hour to take tne top off and put it back on. The latest one that i took apart had all different screw sizes which make it very difficult when putting back together.

DJI are still telling me theres no issue with anyt esc whatsoever!! Even though my wires melted. There are conflicting posts as how you can tell what version you have....

Any help would be appreciated as im currently £1000 down and I have no qaudcopter at all. Theres no point in the retailer swapping abfaulty unit with one thats going to be faulty as soon as i flynit again....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl