If you don't like the video just enjoy the music

Reaction score
I took this video a while ago but have only just put some music to it.
This is a flight from Arnold, near Nottingham UK up to and around the wooded area of Bestwood Park and then back again.
Bestwood Park used to be part of the medieval Sherwood Forest.
In the 17th century King Charles II gifted the park to his mistress Nell Gwynn and their illegitimate son.
The story is that Charles II and his guests, when staying at the hunting lodge in the park, would tease Nell Gwynn for sleeping in and missing the morning's sport.
Charles II offered to gift to Nell " all the land she could ride around before breakfast " and was surprised the next day to find Nell already sitting for breakfast before the King and his guests.
It was claimed that she had ridden out early, dropping handkerchiefs along her route, and the encircled area became Bestwood Park.

The music in this video is from "Autumn Leaves" by American composer Tim Janis.
The first composition is called "Come Home To Me" - just what every drone operator hopes for.

If you like soothing classical music then slip on some headphones and enjoy.

Yes, it was very soothing. I have used Autumn Leave in one of my videos. I thought the story and the video was good. I love seeing the area that was a story and legend in my mind. Beginning across the pond from you, it brings it to life for me. I actually worked near Sherwood Forest, West Virginia for a while. I think a lot about how we get our names for places here in the states. Most places are named from the people who settled there, places in the UK. or Indian names. I find the Indian translations very interesting.

Nice one bro shows off our green and pleasant land we call England :)

I took this video a while ago but have only just put some music to it.
This is a flight from Arnold, near Nottingham UK up to and around the wooded area of Bestwood Park and then back again.
Bestwood Park used to be part of the medieval Sherwood Forest.
In the 17th century King Charles II gifted the park to his mistress Nell Gwynn and their illegitimate son.
The story is that Charles II and his guests, when staying at the hunting lodge in the park, would tease Nell Gwynn for sleeping in and missing the morning's sport.
Charles II offered to gift to Nell " all the land she could ride around before breakfast " and was surprised the next day to find Nell already sitting for breakfast before the King and his guests.
It was claimed that she had ridden out early, dropping handkerchiefs along her route, and the encircled area became Bestwood Park.

The music in this video is from "Autumn Leaves" by American composer Tim Janis.
The first composition is called "Come Home To Me" - just what every drone operator hopes for.

If you like soothing classical music then slip on some headphones and enjoy.

Wow that's a smashing video and the music is lovely brought a tear to my eye thank you

Just another thought, with the UK’s ancient history, if it were possible, I would love to metal detect there. I would just go crazy thinking about what I could find. Don’t talk to me now, I’m busy metal detecting. LOL

Uum sorry to be a spoil sport but does this flight comply with the CAA drone code "Crowds and built up areas – 500ft (150m) and don’t overfly"?
If not, you might be 'hoisting yourself by your own petard'
That aside how did you navigate to the destination ?

Amazing video of a place on this planet I have never been, thank you. The range of the phantom 3 standard seemed much greater than I imagined. Appreciate your sharing this fine video (and music).

Thanks for the nice video and music. What’s impressive is your P3S. Anyone with range problems, with that model, should watch this video. Is it modified in anyway to increase range? Or straight out of the box. Again, nice job.

Cool to be able to see the legendary Sherwood Forest from the air.

Hello NG sorry but I must have taken your video and included it in my reply as you can tell I'm quite new to this forum

Stewart

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik