I have 4 Dji Batterys and the 4th one causes the P3 SE to RTH at 30%

Reaction score
I have finally found out that my number 4 battery at 30% will cause the drone to loose the signal and it will go in to RTH Mode....i have 4 Dji batterys and when ever i fly the others all is ok when they get to the low battery warning i got set at 30%...the critical warning is set at 10%.......I always bring the drone closer when i get the 30% warning...But i have finally determined that my number 4 battery....causes the drone to loose the RC signal and go in to RTH feature at 30% battery ! This has happened Two Times Now !.......is it the number 4 battery thats causing this issue all the other batterys fly the drone to the 20 to 25 % level and never cause it to loose signal and RTH !......is it a bug in the number 4 batterys firm ware ? and IF so how can it be fixed.....My P3 SE is still under warranty...Thanks all who help me.
I am going to post the flight log for the number 4 battery tomorrow !

Yeh does sound bit odd,I hate battery's ,one area I try keep away from when should be learning,I have all mine set at that aswell on all my drones , unsure what to say , if was mine I would play with the first batt warning and change to say 50% just to see what it does,if still plays games might have bad cell in it so I would just use for updates etc at home,does sound like it's playing tricks or others would do the same,hope you can find a answer and I be reading so I can learn too,threaten it with that screwdriver,it might play nice again,take care out there and good luck

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
If you put a good battery in the bird then go into the app and make a note of the voltages in each cell, then do the same for the iffy one, and compare.
hth

OK......lets see....IF i want to cancel the RTH when the drone go's in that mode with the number 4 Battery.....I merely tap the return to home icon on the Dji apps screen "Right".....OR toggle the S-1 switch a few times "RIGHT".....and i'm in the process now to UP load the battery number 4s flight record..stay tuned .

Let’s see that flight log- my guess is one of the cells will be sagging more than 100mv close to that 30% remaining level. Upload to airdata if you can- it has some good battery performance screens to look at. What is the reported battery life %?

Ha was thinking of you when I reply to other post about batt settings in app,did you find a fix,was thinking how the smart return home setting is triggered by the app,by any chance did you check the settings with a computer to see what they read,after reading @sar104 how he mention that sometimes settings in the DJI app, here's a pic,,this was from your post aswell little while back,,mayby it's not what it read,, just a thought
20180902_171942.jpg

I have all 4 dji batterys charged UP.....and during all four batterys flights tomorrow.....I am going to very carefully watch the batterys voltages !.....I never seen any red battery warning in the Dji flight logs and during each battery i seen 3 or 4 notices that the "down Link" was restored....wonder why i got so many...any ideas ?

Thank you Ianzone for the post ^Above^ too....You guys are very appreciated Thank You.

And "With the birds"........I will use AirData to allow my logs to be more prescise for the batterys monitor !

Um yes I have had this in the past,not 100%sure but I think it might be meaning down link restored before a rth is triggered ,I think more than 3 seconds it does the rth if it can't reconect to drones WiFi signal,,hope this is right it's the way I thought it work,,,if wrong someone please corect me on this,not sure why it happens,could be congested airways maybe,???
Gezz Mike made me think hard on that ;)thinking is good (hard but good)

Thanks Ianzone........per battery i seen three or for per battery ( down link restored)....and the seconds were near and very slightly over the 3 second limits !
ts a open area way out in the country and i just checked with some other flight records months ago that i Uploaded on Airdata and i seen many more of these lost down links ?

In the Airdata.....in 15 minutes of flight time....i seen 5 "down Link Lost " reports !
And what do you Think i should check to see just whats going on....Thank You.

NOW i really dont Think thats its a Flight battery issue / problem !
Thanks to Airdata !

09m 47s 25.6 ft 27 ft Data Loss Downlink data connection lost for 3.3 seconds
09m 58s 26.2 ft 27 ft
airdata-kml-bat-50p.png

50% Battery
10m 50s 28.9 ft 163 ft
airdata-kml-bat-40p.png

46% Battery at maximum distance
H 11m 09s 32.8 ft 18 ft Data Loss Downlink data connection lost for 4.2 seconds
I 12m 05s 44.6 ft 97 ft Data Loss Downlink data connection lost for 4.1 seconds
12m 06s 44.6 ft 96 ft
airdata-kml-bat-40p.png

40% Battery
J 13m 05s 32.8 ft 22 ft Data Loss Downlink data connection lost for 5.7 seconds
13m 51s 32.5 ft 143 ft
airdata-kml-bat-30p.png

30% Battery
K 14m 05s 28.9 ft 17 ft Data Loss Downlink data connection lost for 4.8 seconds

Last edited:
OK me had study overnight , since no one corect me on this I find out its just for the video downlink,this post below says the phantom se can be changed from 2,4 to 5,8 but only on a newer phone, oldER devices only have 2.4 , mayby have a change and compare if it better,,,gosh hope this can shed some light on this issue
Screenshot_20180903-082811.jpg

With a Month of my warranty left......I packed the P3 SE UP yesterday and sent it back......Dji flight records never showed the duration of the "Down Link" lost...... and when i seen the many many seconds of Down Link lost in Airdata flight records... it had a very serious problem....I will post back when i get the drone back and let you know what they found out and did.....Hope its a Good successful Story !

The P3 SE was received by Dji Monday September 10th and went for evaluation and On the 11th...and it was fixed on the 12th and was under going test flights.... and Is on the way back as of September 14th.....The "wifi" board was replaced and lower shell as I had one pod with a very very slight crack and also was replaced was the gimbal ribbon cable ...as of the 22nd of September my warranty is gone for the year...Yeaaaaaaaaaaa it will be delivered this next Monday Sept 17th.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94