I HATE MY DRONE!!

Hey, Mike. If you still haven't figured it out yet, check this out.

When the manual or software says to "connect to the network" it's not talking about your home or computer network. It's talking about the actual drone network. If your device is set to "search" for near networks, and your Phantom and controller are on, the device (phone) will search and then show you a new network that you haven't seen before. It should be labeled something like "phantom3xxx". Use that network and all should be fine.

Also, I find that the easiest and fastest way to do this is to turn OFF my home or other connected network. My device immediately (a few seconds) finds AND connects to my phantom network. :)

Also, I find that the easiest and fastest way to do this is to turn OFF my home or other connected network. My device immediately (a few seconds) finds AND connects to my phantom network. :)
Yes, having your flights away from all external sources of Wifi will ensure the drone network is the only one available to the RC. Works the same way with the Osmo+. If you try and use the Osmo+ at home, you have to manually connect to the Osmo+ which is a PIA. Away from home, it connects automatically, because it is the only known network.:cool:

Reactions: Motlock
I would suggest as a prerequisite to using the model it would be best to first check your device to determine that the internet access is turned OFF, and airplane mode is turned ON. I believe this will avoid any further concern of choosing an incorrect network when prompted to do so.
All the best,

Last edited:
I would suggest as a prerequisite to using the model it would be best to first check your device to determine that the internet access is turned OFF, and airplane mode is turned ON. I believe this will avoid any further concern of choosing an incorrect network when prompted to do so.
All the best,
Once you turn airplane mode on, you can still separately turn on wifi for maps, while minimizing interference. Since the tablet is connected by cable to the RC, airplane mode with WiFi off will work if no maps are needed.

Once you turn airplane mode on, you can still separately turn on wifi for maps, while minimizing interference. Since the tablet is connected by cable to the RC, airplane mode with WiFi off will work if no maps are needed.

True, I sometimes hesitate to say because what was once available in various F/W and Flight Apps is not so much now, but I believe you may still be able to cache maps of the area you had intending to fly, in advance, and while connected to wi-fi, then simply disable wi-fi to avoid any possible interference. The maps should then be available for those areas cached if memory serves me. : )

Last edited:
True, I sometimes hesitate to say because what was once available in various F/W and Flight Apps is not so much now, but I believe you may still be able to cache maps of the area you had intending to fly, in advance, and while connected to wi-fi, then simply disable wi-fi to avoid any possible interference. The maps should then be available for those areas cached if memory serves me. : )
I believe so, too, with the caveat that the cache can expire and be flushed before use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak