Hydro Rates. How much are you paying per KW.

Ok then now I see.
You are on some type of rate-fixing plan to pay same each month to avoid spikes?
It seems you really can't be specific then???

Last edited:
I can't afford our beer either. But I keep drinking it.:confused:

Reactions: 185EZ
185EZ. Your bill looks like ours. All BS.
All those items are just so they can increase price.
If they can't get an increase in one place, they get it in another.

One of your items is a line loss. That is where you pay for something you did not get.

Got to admit. It's an ingenious billing system.

Results so far

In Ontario Canada we pay 27 cents/kwh
In Hocking Hills US they pay 10.7 cents/kwh
In Florida US they pay 10.6 cents/kwh
Western Wisconsin. $0.12/kwh
Long Island, NY .19/kwh
Arizona 11.6 cent/kwh

Ok, Looking at the bill again. My total usage was 1111 kwh for July. Without the taxes and "special charges" (wi low income - $3.35) my cost was $128.82 for a cost per kwh of $0.1159/
Interestingly, the Off peak per kwh cost is $0.0711 and the on peak is $0.1995. So that on peak use of the A/C really hits the bill hard. We also have electric water heater and stove/oven so we are totally electric except for our propane heat. Right now, we are paying $1.08/gal of propane and we pre-buy 1100 gallons/year. This year we did our pre-buy with a credit balance of over $500 because of the mild winter.
So, that's my energy use for Western Wisconsin. I know, TMI ;)

Yes, we have the smart meter here too. I run about 15% peak,15% mid peak and 70% off peak.
But the actual electricity only makes up about 1/3rd of the total bill. Delivery charge is about twice the cost of the electricity.
Then we get a 13% tax on top of everything.

That's why I say TOTAL BILL / Total KWH = actual cost per KWH. Cuts out the BS.

I am all electric. Heat included. May have to switch to propane.
Although it has been wicked hot here this summer, I have avoided the AC as much as possible.
Just using the insulation of the house. Open windows at night and close them during the day.
But some nights it has not cooled enough and on goes the AC.

I get a decent rate in Alberta.
At 6.99¢kWh, it's pretty good...

RedHotPoker

Redhot. Is the 6.99 cent fiqure from using the calculation I provided? Or just the electricity itself?

That's the rate I pay for my hydro per kilowatt hour. Whether it's from coal, solar arrays or wind turbines, I know We can pay more if we want renewable green energy only.
Not too much into nuclear up here. But we are all mostly on the same power grids across North America. Except Quebec...
Eh boy, Perhaps Newfoundland too, you know??

RedHotPoker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20