How to install DJI GP 4 on a Kindle Fire 7 HD

Reaction score
This is how I installed DJI GO 4 on my Kindle Fire 7 HD

First I downloaded the APK file from this link.

DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.1.2 APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror

I saved it to my C:\Drone directory so I would know where it was.

Second I used a USB cable and connected my KF to my laptop.
Third I used Explorer to copy the DJIGO4.APK (the file name is longer) to the Download directory on my KF.
Forth on the KF I opened Settings\Security\ and changed the Unknown Sources setting to ALLOW installation of apps.
Fifth I used ES FIle Explorer on my Kindle to open the Download directory.
Sixth I selected the GJIGO4.APK file and told the KF to install it. ( My KF didn't have enough room so I had to delete a few other apps like FltPln Go that takes up over 2 GB just for the sectionals.)
Seventh I reset step 4 back to do not allow unknown apps to install.
Last open DJI GO 4 and login to DJI. and follow the prompts.

I haven't got to complete the last step. I'm still waiting for my P4 to arrive, hurry up FEDEX! It wants me to select my WIFI device I can't. I will post a follow up after I've got my P4 and add any other steps I've had to use to make it work.

I hope this helps some of you. This procedure is called Sideloading. I did try to go to Google Play and download and my Kindle wasn't an option, just my smart phone.

Reactions: chrismatthewssr
Good job.

When I got my first quad, a P3S, I'd had my Fire 7 (5th gen, not HD) a year or so and had already rooted it, got rid of the bloatware, stopped OS updates at 5.x, and installed Google Play and Apex launcher.

Even with only 1gb RAM, the GO app and Litchi both ran fine after I turned off 'cache video locally' and set the video quality to 1080p... sometimes when switching apps, I'd have to either reboot everything or turn WiFi off and back on and/or go kill the last app. And I'm thinking the Fire OS must be 'optimized for the hardware' for both apps to run fairly smooth with only 1 gb.

Then got lucky and found a good deal on a fine used P3P, which came with a like-new Nvidia Shield K1 tablet and lots of accessories. So now I use the K1 for both birds, and the Fire is just my 'reader' again.

Hope you get your P4 sooon!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to my fist quality drone. My last didn't have any sensors or GPS si havering was manual. Lots if fun in the wind, and taking a photo required you to take eyes off drive and look at the phone for the button. Swiftstream was the brand, dint remember the model.

Yeah... before the P3S I'd only had those 'in the house' drones... but running into stuff got old! lol

Having one that'll hover in place and has a 'man-sized' remote is great, you'll love it.

Hope that Fire 7 works for you as well as mine did.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl