How to close a not in person transaction without fraud?

Reaction score
I have listed my Phantom 4 for sale, but didn't want to ship because internet fraud is so prevalent. How do I close a sale and ship without being ripped off by a scammer?

I have listed my Phantom 4 for sale, but didn't want to ship because internet fraud is so prevalent. How do I close a sale and ship without being ripped off by a scammer?
Nearly impossible to avoid. I've seen far too many horror stories from E-Bay sellers who get paid, ship the item only to have the buyer open a dispute claiming it wasn't what they ordered or it was DOA. They ship it back except they ship you an empty box or your item with parts removed.

I have decided to never sell any of my gear except through one-on-one personal sale. Cash only.

Sorry I posted in the wrong forum. Thanks for the advice. I guess I will leave my classified ad as is, cash pick up only.

PayPal. Only! Everyone is protected. Hard to screw that up.
Good Luck

PayPal. Only! Everyone is protected. Hard to screw that up.
Good Luck
I've seen plenty of people get screwed over using PayPal. The buyer can easily replace the drone with another one (the one he crashed) and claim the seller misrepresented the item and is commiting a fraudulent sale. When it's one word against the other, PayPal will side with the buyer 99.9% of the time. And that's only if he uses the "business model" of PayPal. Most private sellers use the "Friends & Family" model to avoid paying extra fees. Zero protection.

In the end it comes down to how much you trust the person on the other side of the transaction.

Reactions: ArmyVet
I appreciate all the reply's. I am having a hard enough time shutting down the scammers on facebook and craigslist. I am definitely going to keep it a person top person sale. Thanks again.

Reactions: Shoot4fun
I've seen plenty of people get screwed over using PayPal. The buyer can easily replace the drone with another one (the one he crashed) and claim the seller misrepresented the item and is commiting a fraudulent sale. When it's one word against the other, PayPal will side with the buyer 99.9% of the time. And that's only if he uses the "business model" of PayPal. Most private sellers use the "Friends & Family" model to avoid paying extra fees. Zero protection.

In the end it comes down to how much you trust the person on the other side of the transaction.

I guess my experience has been somewhat better. PayPal has always come thru for me. I ended up getting a free drone from a vendor that was late with shipping.

But I get it. There are always people who take advantage,

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj