How much a 7.5 acres drone video ?

Reaction score
Hello,

I am not commercially certified yet and I am blind on this. But, doesn’t hurt to ask and research.

How much to charge for a professionally edited video of a flowers growing field of a about 7.5 acres ?

Thanks for your help,

That depends on how long you take to acquire the video, how long you spend editing the video, how high quality the video is, and how much you "need" to make an hour to make it worth while.

You and only you can answer those questions. It's like asking, "How much is a bag of groceries?"
Is that a bag of marshmallows or a bag of rib-eye steaks...?

Reactions: N017RW and gerfoto
That depends on how long you take to acquire the video, how long you spend editing the video, how high quality the video is, and how much you "...?

You are absolutely correct.

Now, thinking throughly the farmer will not want a professional video. The farmer would like to see how its crops are doing, the life of the plastics (need to be changed or not).

So, I am thinking I will drive to the farm, launch the drone for video and photography captures from any angle. Just the raw video. Then give those videos to the farmer (client) 7.5 acres is huge. I am assuming charge per hour ?

Thoughts ? Thanks for your help.

Charge per hour but you want to calculate travel time, flight time, processing time etc. It all has value (or it should).

Can you give me a rough estimate? $100 ? $200 ?

No sir I can't price another man's time. I know what I have to make per hour to stay in business and that's as much as I know. You gotta figure out those #'s for yourself. I'm sure someone else will offer you a figure but remember different markets bring different rates and no one else knows what it cost you to do what you do.

If you want to be in business you've got to figure out what your Cost Of Doing Business (CoDB) is and build from there. See if this helps any:
Calculator

.... 7.5 acres is huge.

We have some projects that are hundreds of acres and some people are doing thousands of acres at a time. I did a 10 acre piece for the county last week and I wasn't on the job site more than 10-15 minutes.

Reactions: gerfoto
This is interesting, would someone mind explaining briefly what type of work you are doing with a drone. I am planning to use mine for work (the new one, my old one died since I treated it like a very expensive toy), but thats basically my own use, inspecting my rig from the top and finding routes into locations, taking ariel photos of spills to cover my own self from liability. Nothing I could charge for since I would be my own customer.

Reactions: gerfoto
I am hobbyist. So, I can’t speak. Someone just asked me about the 7.5 acre so I posted my question.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4