How I Destroyed My Phantom

Reaction score
The real question here is: to replace or to upgrade (F550)

I was trying to get shots of an art installation in the Texas Hill Country. I did a test pass and set up for a second run. The idea was to pass over the grass, increase altitude, and then pass over the installation. As the quadcopter got close to the large stone structure, I started increasing power to raise it over the building. Unfortunately a stiff wind caught the copter and it just nicked the top of the highest tower. It bounced once on top of the structure and fell to the ground. Diagnosis: destruction. One arm of the copter was broken, the camera mount destroyed, and the ND filter cracked (this is why you always place replaceable glass over your lens.) Hopefully a new shell and perhaps one new motor will fix things up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKJWpdN ... e=youtu.be

ouch!

sorry to hear. i would double check everything. there has been reports of cracks in the main pcb right above the battery after a major crash. you can try and salvage it, but i think you would find it more economical to get a new one and use this one for spare parts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1