How does the "Times charged" battery reporting thing work?

Reaction score
Question about the battery and the "Times charged". What actually counts as a charge? To explain more clearly what I'm trying to say: What happens if I'm doing some stuff inside the house, testing some things for a minute on the bench and I run the battery down to 92%...... then, I decide before I head outside for the flight, I want to top 'er off to 100%. Does THAT count as a charge? Or does it have to be ran down below 20%, then charged, or?

From everything I've read, it's when its charged it 100% across multiple charges.

So say you run the battery to 92%, it adds 8% back. Next flight you run it down to 40%, it adds 60% back, so now you're at 68% added. Third flight you run it down to 68%, it adds 32% back. With that, it brings it to 100% being added, so the charge count goes to 1.

From everything I've read, it's when its charged it 100% across multiple charges.

So say you run the battery to 92%, it adds 8% back. Next flight you run it down to 40%, it adds 60% back, so now you're at 68% added. Third flight you run it down to 68%, it adds 32% back. With that, it brings it to 100% being added, so the charge count goes to 1.

Man. This technology still just blows me away. Thanks for the explanation.

Off topic:
Speaking of blown away by technology, I got that Healthy Drones app last night. My jaw dropped when I saw how well it worked and what it does.

I do t k ow what the battery classes as one charge but to check it press the button and the press again and hold for 5 seconds. The amount of green leds that light up tell you how many charges are left.
But basically when you get no lights come on bin it lol.

This question has NEVER been answered by anyone properly INCLUDING DJI Tech / Support.

All they keep saying is 200 cycles or 6 months (1 year) depending on which part of the world you are in ... basically all they quote is Guarantee.

We have evidence that a CHARGE increment is based on accumulated part charges, this is based on observation of the numbers vs charges made by myself and others ....

One of the problems with the way DJI market this - is that a perfectly good battery can effectively go to Zero and Go may refuse to fly with it. But Litchi may accept it and fly just as good as any other flight.

Extrapolating Bills and my observations indicates that maybe 500 charges could be average .... that's based on average 50% discharge.

Nigel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.