How do you mark (label) your P3?

Tis a shame the App doesn't allow you to make the Phantom emit the same kind of beeping it does on startup. Then you could let it beep while you look for it.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
If any of you also fly model aircraft, you might belong to the AMA. I put my AMA number on ALL my model airplanes "AMA ######". If found, hopefully the person will contact the AMA with the number and find out who it's assigned to....

I can personally recommend the labels made by http://www.uavstickers.com/products-dji-phantom-3.php
After an accidental field test I know how well they stay on. Here's that story
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/amphibious-p2v-experiment.29167/#post-268677

And here's my P3 wearing one of their labels.
i-PRGwmn4-L.jpg
I use UAV stickers as well. Really nice. Maybe a noob question, but why are your rear arm lights red? EDIT Okay I had to go RTFM. Made me remember that the rear lights are also the status indicators. Guess that I am always used to seeing them green or watch the tablet screen for status udpates. In this case it is either battery warning or critical error depending on if they are blinking or not.

Last edited:
Tis a shame the App doesn't allow you to make the Phantom emit the same kind of beeping it does on startup. Then you could let it beep while you look for it.
That's an excellent idea. Are you listening, DJI?

Reactions: skyhighdiver
I just print out 20 or so (from 1 sheet of paper) "reward if found" notes. I cut them up into little rectangles. I then just cover the with a small piece of clear packing tape. Works great. I put one on top of my Phantom, back of my GoPro, etc.

There actually is!
Yeah I saw all the stickers on that UAV stickers site and thought how funny. Some are useful but unless you are passing the remote around to strangers who have no idea what is what on the remote or you have a memory like the guy in Momento I just don't see the need.. ;-)

I use a Brother Label Maker with the extra strong adhesive TZe tape. I put two labels with my name, phone number and AMA number on each bird. One label is in plain sight and one is hidden as best as it can be given the particular model. It looks very professional and doesn't remove easily or without some effort. I also use a black sharpie when it's possible under one of the labels, just as a back up. One thing I don't do is list "Reward if Found" on it as I feel this lends to idea that these are easily lost and not controlled as well as they should be, just my opinion. Granted that fly aways happen but I'm not one to advertise the possibility.

Link to a really great label maker: Amazon.com : Brother P-touch Home and Office Labeler (PT-D200) : Label Makers : Office Products

Yeah I saw all the stickers on that UAV stickers site and thought how funny. Some are useful but unless you are passing the remote around to strangers who have no idea what is what on the remote or you have a memory like the guy in Momento I just don't see the need.. ;-)
I agree. A bit of an overkill if you were to ask me. Plus, I can think of a lot of better ways to spend almost $30...

And AVOID decals on your antennas, this is a no brainer. I don't see any mention of these decals in this kit being laminated so expect fading in short order not to mention easily stretched if the are inkjet printed with solvent inks.

Ever get a magazine and flip thru it only to have multiple ads drop out into your lap? Sometimes the forums are just like that, it's actually kinda rude after the first posting of the product.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
And AVOID decals on your antennas, this is a no brainer. I don't see any mention of these decals in this kit being laminated so expect fading in short order not to mention easily stretched if the are inkjet printed with solvent inks.

Where are the antennas?

If you use one of the Dymo label makers it is a thermal printed label. There's no ink or toner to wash off.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik