How about new drones?

It doesn't seem to have as many features as the phantom, but I suppose the removable camera would be nice. I'm waiting to see what the features and pricing will be on the new DJI Mavic which will be unveiled on the 27th.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes, I am skeptical about the range of the GoPro Karma. However, having recently "fried" my P3A camera/gimbal on the surface of a lake, a waterproof camera looks attractive. BTW, I lost the signal, the drone RTH'd with only the gimbal and camera in the lake.

Yes, I am skeptical about the range of the GoPro Karma. However, having recently "fried" my P3A camera/gimbal on the surface of a lake, a waterproof camera looks attractive. BTW, I lost the signal, the drone RTH'd with only the gimbal and camera in the lake.
I think it's only the camera that's waterproof. If we dunk that whole Karma in a lake, is it still going to survive?

I think it's only the camera that's waterproof. If we dunk that whole Karma in a lake, is it still going to survive?

If you dunk a Karma and P3P (both at the $1000 price point with 4k cameras), at least one can theoretically recover and reuse the GoPro Session 5.

I really hope inexpensive Mode C and/or mini-TCAS setups become available on future generations, it would be a big help for safety IMO.

Otherwise, my guess is iteration - more powerful motors, longer battery life, better cameras. Maybe someone can work on quieter propellors, but frankly if someone manages to pull that off UASs will be the least of the market for that. :eek:

For me 'portability' would be #1 and it seems a number of companies are directly addressing that now,

Sort out the size/bulk issue and the next thing for me is weight, so I can carry it on my back rather than on my motorcycle...

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj