Hi pitch sound or just my bad hearing

Reaction score
Greetings and a question please.
When hovering my new P4P I sometimes hear a high pitch coming from the bird, normal or forthcoming problem?

Admittedly my hearing in the upper frequencies is bad, and I even have a dead zone within the upper spectrum, so i know I can't always trust my ears. As a quick example, my wife's alarm clock that goes beep beep beep, sounds like click click click to me.

The bird hovers perfectly and flys equally well in all modes, but while it is hovering close to me, I do believe I hear an occasional high pitch noise. It is not continuous, has no distinguishing pattern, and after landing, all motors are of equal temperature, i.e., just slightly warm. Additionally the DJI Go app is not reporting any motor obstruction warnings.

Has anyone experienced this or have knowledge of what I might be hearing?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thank you, I found some data on like high pitch noises in the DJI Forum, and from that data and your responses I am feeling better about it. I can't say that anyone person was able to say conclusively which component or anomaly was the cause, but I now don't fear a faulty motor as the cause.
Thanks again!

Greetings and a question please.
When hovering my new P4P I sometimes hear a high pitch coming from the bird, normal or forthcoming problem?

Admittedly my hearing in the upper frequencies is bad, and I even have a dead zone within the upper spectrum, so i know I can't always trust my ears. As a quick example, my wife's alarm clock that goes beep beep beep, sounds like click click click to me.

The bird hovers perfectly and flys equally well in all modes, but while it is hovering close to me, I do believe I hear an occasional high pitch noise. It is not continuous, has no distinguishing pattern, and after landing, all motors are of equal temperature, i.e., just slightly warm. Additionally the DJI Go app is not reporting any motor obstruction warnings.

Has anyone experienced this or have knowledge of what I might be hearing?

My P2-NV has 'whistled' occasionally since it was new in early-mid 2014.
Still going strong with only one set of props and 3 batteries replaced (so far).

My P2-NV has 'whistled' occasionally since it was new in early-mid 2014.
Still going strong with only one set of props and 3 batteries replaced (so far).

I would like to also say that my P4P and my wife's P4 does this same sound

Good data, thanks!
Flew today and the sound was still present, but again I'm feeling much better to know it is not a catastrophic event.
On a side note, today I flew my P3P too and the P4P puts it to shame in all respects. Floats thru the air like a butterfly.

Seriously happy thus far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav