Reaction score
Been flying some past 2 yrs with X650F quad with extended motor mounts . . .home built. Just bought a P4 and trying to decide what ipad screen to use. iphone 5s works I guess but at least a mini2 . . .do I need the bigger screen? . . . Hope to do something useful with either one if I can get approved for SFOC. . . required around built up areas and EVERYTHING here is inside a local airport control zone . . P4 is over 2kg and my X650 is 2.5kg. . . fun!

Welcome.

I have and use an iphone 6 and an ipad mini 4. The 6 is just too small for my liking.

Hi I'm from Yorkton Sk, and I'm new to the site and drones in general. I have the Phantom 4 and an iPad mini 2. I was curious of anyone has used any FPV goggles like the Fat Shark brand? If you use FPV googles, can I get rid go my iPad mini 2, or will i still need the iPad to input changes to my settings, or can I make those changes through the FPV googles too? Has anyone ad any experience with these?

Hi Brian,
I have a mini4 that works fine . . found iPad 2 a bit bulky. . FPV is illegal for commercial stuff but maybe not off hobby flying I don;t know. Seems to me that you can't really do any screen settings in FPV too . . Just whatever you have on the controller like tilt and camera settings. I don;t think you can eve switch from Photo to video when using FPV. . .

Reactions: BrianG
Thanks for the info. that what i seemed to be picking up from the literature i was reading. Have you heard of or used this product before? Its like aheads up display that also allows you to view your tablet at the same time.
Vufine

I'm flying the p3a right now with an iPhone 6s. I'll get an iPad mini in the fall once my bank account recovers.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey David.

You mention that the P4 is over 2kg. According to DJI the weight of the unit is 1.39kg, which puts it into the ever-so-important under 2kg category.

That said, it looks like Canadian legislation is all changing at the end of this year, to look more at kinetic energy (possibility of harm) rather than weight categorization.

Happy flying.

Yes actually says 3lbs . . So under 2kg for commercial purposes. I sent a note to them on ALTITUDE issue when operating near high elevation like a cliff climbing session. Waiting to heard what They say

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31