Help with ESC error

Reaction score
Just got a P3P to keep my P2 company.

It flew fine. Yesterday I updated to the new software. Log file says I got a good update. Now when I try to start it up I get:

ESC status error, turn off the aircraft
& restart it again. Contact DJI support if error persists.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I googled it and saw people with the inspire 1 that had this message but not any P3 users. I am thinking this thing is toast after just 1 flight.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Try an IMU calibration. Doubt it'll work if its a true error, but maybe it'll reset a fake error. Gl

That's the same thing that happen to me this morning after I update to 1.1.9 so what worked for me was I calibrated then after that shut both down starting with the phantom first then controler then started the control and waited it's been working fine ever since hope this works for you
GOOD LUCK

Reactions: isopro
That's the same thing that happen to me this morning after I update to 1.1.9 so what worked for me was I calibrated then after that shut both down starting with the phantom first then controler then started the control and waited it's been working fine ever since hope this works for you
GOOD LUCK

When you say calibrated, are you talking about just the RC calibration of the sticks?? As soon as I get back home I am going to try that but wanted to understand what exactly you calibrated.

Thanks

GOOD LUCK

I did the RC (transmitter sticks) recalibration and nothing has changed. I even relinked the transmitter and then re-calibrated and still a no go.

Anybody else have any ideas?

Guess what. I did the compass calibration and now the message went away and it starts up fine. Did my first flight. Weird but working.

Just got a P3P to keep my P2 company.

It flew fine. Yesterday I updated to the new software. Log file says I got a good update. Now when I try to start it up I get:

ESC status error, turn off the aircraft
& restart it again. Contact DJI support if error persists.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I googled it and saw people with the inspire 1 that had this message but not any P3 users. I am thinking this thing is toast after just 1 flight.

Thanks for any help.
Mine did the same thing..P3 ADV..looking a fix myself

I did the RC (transmitter sticks) recalibration and nothing has changed. I even relinked the transmitter and then re-calibrated and still a no go.

Anybody else have any ideas?
I recalibrated the controller as well and then it seemed to work fine ubtil I shut the unit down and then came back...very hit and miss with more on the miss side...worked a couple of times and the esc error keeps coming back...seems like a software glitch to me.

I recalibrated the controller as well and then it seemed to work fine ubtil I shut the unit down and then came back...very hit and miss with more on the miss side...worked a couple of times and the esc error keeps coming back...seems like a software glitch to me.
check the motors and make sure there is no debris or restrictions keeping one of them from turning.-- Make sure that all spin freely. Small screws or small pieces of metal caught in the magnets of a motor will cause an esc error.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31