Hello from Mobile, Alabama!

Reaction score
Hey all!

My name is Matt, and I'm a brand new drone pilot based in the Gulf Coast. I recently picked up a used Phantom 4 Pro, and have been diving in to every reliable Youtube video I can find about drone operation, best settings, best practices, and most importantly...the FAA rules and regs. I've been an outsider to the drone world until now, and I'm quickly realizing how much damage inexperienced and reckless pilots have done to the drone community. No more national parks, no more flights above 400 feet, and some annoying hoops to jump through for your average joe if he wants to make money flying a drone. I'm intent on making sure I obey the law not simply for the law's sake, but so we can all continue to enjoy the hobby/profession without more laws being introduced.

I primarily work as a media director for a ministry based in Mobile, and have always wanted to add a drone to my arsenal to expand my photography capabilities. I take landscape photos for my personal work, and I'm excited to see what the Phantom platform is capable of. I'm four flights in to my "career", and have had a ton of fun messing with the different modes.

Anyway...I'm glad to be here, and excited to learn from all of you.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Hi Matt, Welcome to the forum from Arizona (Although Montgomery Born, spent some formative years in Mobile which means i still say sir and maam and don't wear a hat inside :eek:)

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Hey all!

My name is Matt, and I'm a brand new drone pilot based in the Gulf Coast. I recently picked up a used Phantom 4 Pro, and have been diving in to every reliable Youtube video I can find about drone operation, best settings, best practices, and most importantly...the FAA rules and regs. I've been an outsider to the drone world until now, and I'm quickly realizing how much damage inexperienced and reckless pilots have done to the drone community. No more national parks, no more flights above 400 feet, and some annoying hoops to jump through for your average joe if he wants to make money flying a drone. I'm intent on making sure I obey the law not simply for the law's sake, but so we can all continue to enjoy the hobby/profession without more laws being introduced.

I primarily work as a media director for a ministry based in Mobile, and have always wanted to add a drone to my arsenal to expand my photography capabilities. I take landscape photos for my personal work, and I'm excited to see what the Phantom platform is capable of. I'm four flights in to my "career", and have had a ton of fun messing with the different modes.

Anyway...I'm glad to be here, and excited to learn from all of you.

I am also more of a beginner and I got one for my youtube

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers