Hello from Arizona

uke

Reaction score
Greetings!

Just ordered a P4A for landscape photography and probably some video. Looking to gain vantage points around here in the beautiful Sonoran desert that are unattainable on the ground. Planning to use Litchi for some of the photo projects.

I'm new to DJI, but an experienced drone pilot (and licensed private pilot). My past drone adventures include DIY tricopters and a hex, running hobby king controllers and Ardupilot. I have run many drone missions and crashed many times, usually because I screwed up but sometimes because my dodgy DIY drones threw a prop or had some other mechanical or electrical failure. I have recorded some cool video, but eventually gave up on it because I was having trouble eliminating jello, and was not getting the endurance I needed to get the videos I wanted.

This time around, I am focused on the photography aspects, not so much the fly-around-and-crash-into-stuff aspects. I hope the expensive new toy will have a long and uneventful life. I'm thinking flying camera, not so much drone.

Gear:
  • P4A
  • Ipad Mini 4
  • Litchi
  • Final Cut Pro
  • Lightroom
  • Aurora HDR
  • Luminar

This looks like a great forum. Cheers!

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)
Thanks. I'm familiar with forums and am always amazed at how knowledgeable and helpful people are. This looks like a great forum in that regard.

It is and if you get bored you can go back in here and it's like a history book from the FC40 up till now. That was my first bird.

Greetings!

Just ordered a P4A for landscape photography and probably some video. Looking to gain vantage points around here in the beautiful Sonoran desert that are unattainable on the ground. Planning to use Litchi for some of the photo projects.

I'm new to DJI, but an experienced drone pilot (and licensed private pilot). My past drone adventures include DIY tricopters and a hex, running hobby king controllers and Ardupilot. I have run many drone missions and crashed many times, usually because I screwed up but sometimes because my dodgy DIY drones threw a prop or had some other mechanical or electrical failure. I have recorded some cool video, but eventually gave up on it because I was having trouble eliminating jello, and was not getting the endurance I needed to get the videos I wanted.

This time around, I am focused on the photography aspects, not so much the fly-around-and-crash-into-stuff aspects. I hope the expensive new toy will have a long and uneventful life. I'm thinking flying camera, not so much drone.

Gear:
  • P4A
  • Ipad Mini 4
  • Litchi
  • Final Cut Pro
  • Lightroom
  • Aurora HDR
  • Luminar

This looks like a great forum. Cheers!
The exact same reason I got the Phantom 4, now I will revisit some of the places I shot in AZ and around Phx with a different view

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Hey Uke,

I am a total novice, but thought I would say hi. The missus and I have just started looking at property in the Prescott area, I retire in another 1-2 years and am tired of Chicago's winters! I lived in Phoenix for a while and my mom is still in the Sun City area.

Anyhow, back to learning!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic