Heavy weight lifter, wow!!

OK,

Looks like 5 lbs 'all up' not payload.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

2300 grams is counting the drone...

Reactions: N017RW
5 lbs is approx 5 full soda cans. I'm not saying you can throw a chainsaw on a P3 and expect it to fly...

Not so. This chainsaw is just over 2kg. I crank it up & hang it from my P3 and fly around all the time. Make sure you use a strong rope though, one time it fell and landed right in the middle of a neighborhood. Such a shame I loved that saw.

Attachments

• Chainsaw.jpg
    Chainsaw.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 336
If you look at the E300 system (which I believe is generally accepted to be the system in the P3, No???) its spec-ed at 600g thrust per axis.
This seems to be similar to the results.

Of course the recommended load is 300g per axis to maintain control power margin or hover at 50% throttle which my naked P2 won't even do.

Minus the camera and gimble which it looks like they removed in the video.

Good point but doesn't play into an 'all up weight' test like the video.
The composition of the weight is not important.

Ok did I prove we pull 5lbs on our rescue P3 all the time?? I'll have to make a video for u. 5 lbs is peanuts

Reactions: YolevonALLin
If any of the weight lifters could post their DJIFlightRecord*.txt log file and indicate the additional payload.
I could post the Dashware video of volts / amps /watts and battery temp.
Especially ineterstin at hover and whilst applying throttle - see how many amps the batteries / ESCs can withstand.
Also compare the numbers with an unloaded P3.

Airborne. We use ours for rescue and haul 5 lbs all day long.

well the video shows a 1200 gram drone lifting 800 grams. the paper work shows it lifted 1100 grams.

1100 grams not equal to 5 lbs... not even close...

so I guess I don't understand...

The test is 'all up' not payload.

So:
2.2 lbs per kilogram.
2300 total weight in video paperwork..

2.2 X 2300g = ~5.07 lbs.

So it appears in the video it will lift itself at 5 lbs and the data from the motor spec seems to confirm that much thrust is available.

5lbs payload (w/camera, gimbal)... still skeptical.

Max Payload of 5.3lbs.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Payload is total weight minus vehicle weight.

Lets see you fly your fully equipped P3 with 5.3 lbs. of added weight.

Please

Reactions: Automattic
We have flown plenty of times @ 5lbs. I don't have anything to prove, just helping you understand the capabilities of your machine. There was a question posted and I have the experience with payload flight so I responded. Don't get all cranky. Don't fly with payload, I couldn't give any less of a $hit if humanly possible. I try to help people on these forums.

We have flown plenty of times @ 5lbs. I don't have anything to prove, just helping you understand the capabilities of your machine

if what you are saying is true your total takeoff weight is 7 lbs....

correct?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers