HDMI out only.

Reaction score
I have been struggling to decide on a Crystalsky due to the price. I dont really need any other feature other than high brightness viewing. I forgot I had HDMI out on my p4p remote. I know you need a phone/tablet for the overlay but anyone fly directly from HDMI out? I saw a video that it was a bit faster in response time opposed to a phone(I assume not all are equal). I could grab a ultra bright field monitor for fraction of the price of a Crystalsky as well. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
I have been struggling to decide on a Crystalsky due to the price. I dont really need any other feature other than high brightness viewing. I forgot I had HDMI out on my p4p remote. I know you need a phone/tablet for the overlay but anyone fly directly from HDMI out? I saw a video that is was a bit faster response time opposed to a phone. I could grab a ultra bright field monitor for fraction of the price of a Crystalsky as well. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
300E with screen, or 300F with HDMI module? When goggles are hooked to the HDMI, you get full control in them, but lose the built-in screen. The goggles have controls to help fly but don’t believe you will need a touch screen on your slave monitor. You still have full control with your remote. No harm trying as have seen pilots using big screen tv’s. (With external power supply).
I’m sure you will get more info here shortly on do’s n don’ts or yes/no.
Good luck.

Remember that tablets carry their own power supply. You would have to supply it to your slave screen. If small enough, get a rechargeable power pack for it. Looking forward to your results. ?

Thanks. Power isnt an issue for me too much in the field. I know direct feed from the HDMI out on the HDMI module has a HUD similar to the OSD for the Naza which ive used in the past. I also know you can draw the DJI Go HUD on the HDMI output as well though I dont know if their is an added delay there due to having to draw it on the feed. I assume it might not sync due to HDMI being a direct signal feed and the DJI Go app having the process the data then feed to HDMI. I will have to do some experimenting I think.

Reactions: Capt KO

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20