Has anyone found a good recipe for their needs yet?

Reaction score
From planning missions to flying them, to collecting the necessary imagery...and then the flight logs and battery health side of it...the storage of terabytes of data...then of course the deliverables--more user friendly stuff like orthos all the way to complex point clouds and fully contoured site plans and DEMs, mesh surfaces, etc. When you stop and think about it, this truly is a young industry that has no "standardized" or "best practice" workflow yet. It is to be expected, but it does get frustrating knowing the immense capabilities but struggling to piece everything together to achieve those and sell them.

So, here's my question... what is your dream software package? I have two P4Ps now and my old P3S and I'm so sick of trials and glitchy apps and photo upload limits and image file types not working in certain editing suites. I'm no one special, I'm just a guy who loves tech with an engineering and construction background who decided one day to see if I can't make a good business out of it. But the software and workflows are so ******* annoying lol.

Let's say $30k or **** even no budget. What software do you go out and get?

I use Altizure or DroneDeploy to capture then process using Agisoft PhotoScan Pro. All processing is done on your PC so you need a pretty robust computer, I have an Alienware with an i7 16gb of ram and an 8GB graphics card and processing still takes a while.

I use Altizure or DroneDeploy to capture then process using Agisoft PhotoScan Pro. All processing is done on your PC so you need a pretty robust computer, I have an Alienware with an i7 16gb of ram and an 8GB graphics card and processing still takes a while.
That's what works for me as well.

Still finding Altizure to be the best mapping app for you?

Still finding Altizure to be the best mapping app for you?
Altizure is a good app to capture the images, I don't use them for compilation though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94