Happy Holidays/weightlifting experiment

Reaction score
I got an idea to lift a LED light rope on a tree with my Phantom. However, I didn't find a way to release the rope on the fly, but the idea of lifting the lighted rope on a dark winter day sounded cool so I l did it anyway!

It's 50 meters LED rope, weighing something like 1-1.5 kilos. With complaining from several sensors and overloaded motors, Phantom successfully lifted most of the rope. I guess it showed quite far to give some joy for my neighbors.

Happy Holidays!

Very Nice. Very inventive, and It looks beautiful.

thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas

I got an idea to lift a LED light rope on a tree with my Phantom. However, I didn't find a way to release the rope on the fly, but the idea of lifting the lighted rope on a dark winter day sounded cool so I l did it anyway!

It's 50 meters LED rope, weighing something like 1-1.5 kilos. With complaining from several sensors and overloaded motors, Phantom successfully lifted most of the rope. I guess it showed quite far to give some joy for my neighbors.

Happy Holidays!
To take a light rope up and release I use a piece of fishing tackle. There are videos on utube. I think it's a coupling device. I use it when tarping damaged roofs when storm damaged. When you want to release your light rope you just hold the rope and propel the drone skyward. Cheers

Happy Holidays!

Awesome idea!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna