Guy flying a tiny toy 3" quadcopter gets tased by ranger

Reaction score
Wow happened to see this when checking out the news and it sounded pretty messed up.
http://www.infowars.com/man-flying-toy-drone-tased-by-ranger-at-national-park/

"Man Flying Toy Drone Tased by Ranger at National Park
Witnesses say ranger used unnecessary and excessive force."

I was wondering what some of ya all might think of this wacky run in a guy had with a ranger over the guy just pulling out a tiny drone and flying near a volcano and the ranger says he Tarazed him for lol "his own safety"

I hope he lawyers up and I hope they bring a big enough suit against the park and the ranger that every other ranger in the country will think twice about using excessive forces on anyone.

Reactions: TeamYankee
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Police should recognize that the taser IS another weapon that CAN kill someone and should NOT be used in any way, shape, form or fashion to protect someone. This ranger is a moron if he thinks he was doing the guy a favor.

Why did he run?

Police should recognize that the taser IS another weapon that CAN kill someone and should NOT be used in any way, shape, form or fashion to protect someone. This ranger is a moron if he thinks he was doing the guy a favor.

WoW, very informative video. Well worth watching.
I guess the Ranger thought the quad was going to pull the pilot into the volcano. That would be a good reason to tase him... :rolleyes:

He shouldn't have run,, & of what I can see in the news recently he's lucky those weren't bullets hitting him

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Seems to me the aircraft was irrelevant. He was tasered for not stopping and showing ID.

Reactions: GoodnNuff and claws
It doesn't seem like a taser was the correct way to resolve this situation. I've seen so many videos of wrongful use of force, and in most cases it does seem wrongful.
However, it seems these victims could have easily prevented most of these outcomes if they just used their head.
Why run. ? Seriously.
I don't care if he's not in the wrong, or if the ranger wasn't justified.
If you run from a cop, bad things happen. If you work through it with them, you're less likely to run into this outcome.

What 3" drones carry cameras?
A taser can only strike within about ten feet.
If the man had "run" as claimed, then the ranger was running after him as well.
Cops will claim anything to justify their use of force.
Why would he run when he's got a child with him?
What more to this story is there that isn't being reported?

What 3" drones carry cameras?
A taser can only strike within about ten feet.
If the man had "run" as claimed, then the ranger was running after him as well.
Cops will claim anything to justify their use of force.
Why would he run when he's got a child with him?
What more to this story is there that isn't being reported?
I heard the witness in the video (who was still siding with the pilot btw saying the force was excessive) say he heard stop!stop! & then he ran within 2 ft of him & the ranger was in close pursuit,,Shouted Stop! Again!! then he heard a thump (pmsl), so that would probably suggest that they was both running

Last edited:
Park Rangers + tasers = bad idea. I understand that in some situations they may need to "protect" people or themselves, however on its face this seems like a bad call by the Ranger.

Tase him? Really? What is this world coming to?

What ever happened to walking up to someone and identifying yourself as a Park Ranger and informing the man that it wasn't permitted in the park? So what if he runs? He didn't just rape or murder someone.

Is it safe to assume there is a gate at this park? Is it unreasonable to think that this Ranger was equipped with a radio in addition to a tazer? How about you radio ahead to the gate and ask them to shut it so the guy with the copter can be informed about the rules?

I suppose all of that is wishful thinking.....and that would be the ONLY thinking done in relation to this story. SMH

We are forgetting that Drones are evel, and cause volcanoes. They must be stopped at all coast.
Thank God that ranger came along in time to save us all.
Now if he was flying a quad copter it would be alright.

Reactions: Glassman

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic