Ground station issue, no sat map, it used to work, android tablet

Reaction score
I am having a hard time getting ground station to work.

I have done it in the past, but I can't get a map to show up other than the street map, which is useless since I am far from a labeled road. I want the screen to switch to satellite mode so I can pick my points, but no joy.

It may be a problem not related to the bird, but it is a problem.

I have been on google earth and toggled over to the bird, it looks right, but no sat map. The grid map can't help me. I need sat!

I was tempted to fly it from the grid, but I love it and want to have it for some time, so I wussed out and flew without ground station, fun, but to really reach, I would like to pick points and have it do a mission.

One thing that may make it tougher is that it could be a problem with the connection, bird, tablet or ....

One bit of information is that it used to work with the hardware I am using.

Any suggestions would be welcome

Ken

If anyone has experience on GS that will not toggle to sat, (although it shows in the icon that it is in sat mode) let me know.

Ken, here's a suggestion, and I'm not trying to be a D**k.
Fix the title of the thread. Folks won't open it if they think you can't write. LOL

Ken, here's a suggestion, and I'm not trying to be a D**k.
Fix the title of the thread. Folks won't open it if they think you can't write. LOL
o_O

I am having a hard time getting ground station to work.

I have done it in the past, but I can't get a map to show up other than the street map, which is useless since I am far from a labeled road. I want the screen to switch to satellite mode so I can pick my points, but no joy.

It may be a problem not related to the bird, but it is a problem.

I have been on google earth and toggled over to the bird, it looks right, but no sat map. The grid map can't help me. I need sat!

I was tempted to fly it from the grid, but I love it and want to have it for some time, so I wussed out and flew without ground station, fun, but to really reach, I would like to pick points and have it do a mission.

One thing that may make it tougher is that it could be a problem with the connection, bird, tablet or ....

One bit of information is that it used to work with the hardware I am using.

Any suggestions would be welcome

Ken

If anyone has experience on GS that will not toggle to sat, (although it shows in the icon that it is in sat mode) let me know.

Hey Ken - which Groundstation are you using? are you using PC or Ipad?

I am using an android tablet, cheap, worked before, almost like it is not caching the sat map?

Could be anything, but I intentionally went to Earth, viewed the map and then directly to the DJI app. ground station, looks right from the grid ( a large road-less area)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav