greyed out area over kansas city

Reaction score
on here U.S. Air Space Map | Know Before You Fly
there is a grey circle TFR in the area over the Chiefs stadium but it is several miles wide. if it's because of a game why does it go out so far? I think it's awful to take away so much area from people to fly if it's only because of a game. i thought that the regs was for the stadiums themselves not the whole neighborhood? am i missing something?

Regs say 3 nam radius!

Regs say 3 nam radius!
3 miles radius just for a sports stadium? why so far back? it's not like we're going to see much from a block away with a wide angle lens if copyrights is what they're worried about. I could understand a 1/4 a mile from the stadium.

Don't know the why, just the what. Remember, the TFR applies to all aircraft, not just drones. Official reasoning probably has something to do with advanced warning of an incursion, etc. But I'm sure that economic considerations were a big part of the thinking of those people requesting the tfrs!

Reactions: Falcon900
Don't know the why, just the what. Remember, the TFR applies to all aircraft, not just drones. Official reasoning probably has something to do with advanced warning of an incursion, etc. But I'm sure that economic considerations were a big part of the thinking of those people requesting the tfrs!
what about blimps? maybe that's why because at big events sometimes blimps are flown for advertisement though i don't get to see any because i dont' live in a big city but remember seeing them when i was a kid in Smyrna TN. i remember the Goodyear Blimp and watching it from the school bus all over and others. but where i live i've only seen two in the last 20 years passing through to overnight at the airport or whatever.

what about blimps? maybe that's why because at big events sometimes blimps are flown for advertisement though i don't get to see any because i dont' live in a big city but remember seeing them when i was a kid in Smyrna TN. i remember the Goodyear Blimp and watching it from the school bus all over and others. but where i live i've only seen two in the last 20 years passing through to overnight at the airport or whatever.
to expound on that i read this that i wonder if it would accomodate advertising blimps. "Flights conducted for operational purposes of any event, stadium or venue and broadcast coverage for the broadcast rights holder are authorized with an approved airspace waiver." from Permanent TFRs issued for major sporting events and Disney properties | AMA Government Relations Blog

Reactions: Falcon900
I believe the TFRs over sporting events are mostly an attempt to prevent an attack on a large group of people, which is why they are so large. I don't think a TFR is going to stop anyone if that's their intent. They started popping up soon after 9/11 I believe.

I believe the TFRs over sporting events are mostly an attempt to prevent an attack on a large group of people, which is why they are so large. I don't think a TFR is going to stop anyone if that's their intent. They started popping up soon after 9/11 I believe.
Interesting. So this predates consumer drones. I thought it was started because of consumer drones.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20