Green/yellow status lights tricks for color blind

Reaction score
Hi all,
I see a lot of posts from people who have a trouble telling apart green from yellow lights on Phantom.
I have no problem 95% of time in the regular life, but DJI uses these specific tints of washed yellow and washed green that look the same to me.
Ironically, I can tell apart yellow/green Phantom lights in Youtube videos because yellow is much more saturated in videos than it is in the real life.
I am a new Phantom pilot, so here are solutions/tricks that I have found so far:
Trick #1: I looked at the Phantom through skiing goggles with pink tinted lens. Pink filter made yellow lights much more saturated (looking more like in youtube videos). Yellow color gained an orange tint, and I had no problem distinguishing it from green.
Trick #2. This is what I am using so far because skiing goggles are likely to cause questions in the summer :)
I have covered two LEDs on each side with a piece of transparent Scotch tape (like the one used for office needs), which I have painted with the purple permanent marker (BIC brand. It says "Plumtastic Purple" on the marker). Purple filter that I have made lets Red and Yellow light pass, but it completely blocks out Green. Since I have covered two LEDs on each side, I know that it is green when two LEDs out of three are "out".

I am planning to get a colored film from an arts and crafts store to replace the Scotch tape with it.

Here is the helpful website that can tell you how different filters will behave:
http://trycolors.com/

Have fun and stay safe.

I have this same gripe. Why can't they use some very contrasting colors?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20