Grainy photos phantom 3 SE

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a phantom 3 SE and when I take photos with ISO set to 100 in the day. For some reason the photos look very grainy or pixelated whatever the correct term is. I know the camera is not as superior as the phantom 4 pro or other models but I expect it to be better than this as I have seen photos from a phantom 3 standard and they look better.

Any ideas or advice?

are you down loading the pictures / videos off the P3SE memory card...by using a card reader on a lap top or tower computer ?

Reactions: charlieb4
Check the file info in your file explorer. Make sure that the image dimensions are 4000 x 3000 pixels. Also are you using an ND filter? If so remove it and only use it for video. If you can post an example that would be great as well.

No nd filters I have them on order. I will check the pixels in the morning and report back. I will also post an example. By the way the result is an AEB 5 burst shot and merged to hdr on Adobe lightroom

Ok I couldnt wait until the morning. Here is an image. The pixel dimensions are W:3977 x H:2234 Resolution 240dpi
Capture.PNG

DJI_0001-HDR.jpg

But it's good to use the burst mode to get all the different exposures and merge for processing. It gives you more to work with. Regardless of the mode I still get this grainy effect

Regarding burst mode you are absolutely right. Light conditions were not very good, have you tried lover exposure bias to -0.7? Beside of this it seems to me that picture is little soft.

Reactions: mike ross
Remember that the photo is merged hdr and requires processing. My problem is that on screen the photos are extremely grainy and not high quality at all. Evening for a 12mp camera I would expect more

You say this is a AEB photo? Is the the under exposed photo? Is your properly exposed photo still grainy? It is normal for the under exposed image to be slightly grainy, it's the nature of the beast. Your properly exposed photo should have an exposure bias of 0.0. Have you compiled it to an HDR? Most HDR software have an option to remove noise on the underexposed image.

You say this is a AEB photo? Is the the under exposed photo? Is your properly exposed photo still grainy? It is normal for the under exposed image to be slightly grainy, it's the nature of the beast. Your properly exposed photo should have an exposure bias of 0.0. Have you compiled it to an HDR? Most HDR software have an option to remove noise on the underexposed image.
What you see it the HDR photo the combination of 5 AEB bursts (merged)

What is the exposure bias of each of the photos? If that is the compiled HDR it looks like all your photos are under exposed. Check to make sure your exposure (EV) is set to 0.0 when you start.

What is the exposure bias of each of the photos? If that is the compiled HDR it looks like all your photos are under exposed. Check to make sure your exposure (EV) is set to 0.0 when you start.
does this make any sense?
Capture.PNG

That doesn't show the exposure value

I took my drone up to 400 and took my first pics. I shot in raw format and the pics are super sharp even ona cloudy day. The only problem is trying to send a 25 mb file

I took my drone up to 400 and took my first pics. I shot in raw format and the pics are super sharp even ona cloudy day. The only problem is trying to send a 25 mb file
LOL.now thats a Mighty Big File..I agree 100%.

Its been so long since i set my photo settings...that i'm not sure what they are....i took this picture of the clouds yesterday after i had just lifted off and at bout 15 feet off the launch pad.....Thought it was well worth the share here....it was quite late afternoon and the clouds caught some rays off the sun off to the left side of the picture ! Oh the hill in the distance is called a "mountain" in Kansas LOL

Park clouds.jpg

Reactions: Vale

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl