Grainy DJI Phantom 3 Professional videos.

Reaction score
So i been noticing that my video footage for my P3P is grainy and kind of burley I guess. Does anyone has suggestions to what to do to fix this issue?

grainy video is usually associated with low light conditions. Are you using a filter? Also, try resetting your camera back to defaults. Perhaps the speed is set too high. Also try a new SD card, one with higher speed.

No its not light condition? Sun or without sun they same results. I don't use a filter. Do recommend to buy a set? Also i use the SD Card that came with the drone it self.

No its not light condition? Sun or without sun they same results. I don't use a filter. Do recommend to buy a set? Also i use the SD Card that came with the drone it self.

Yes, u should buy a set of filters. It depends on what SD card it can with. I use Sandisk Extreme 32gb, never had a problem with that card..

What ISO setting are you using? High values introduce noise that may be described as grainy.

Try some footage with the ISO (effectively, the film speed) set to 100 and the camera in auto mode. Take the bird up and maybe do a slow pan while recording. That would give you some varying light conditions to study. Shouldn't see much grainy effect on any normally lit day. BTW, are you looking at the video straight off of the SD card with it in your computer or at the video stored by the Go app on your tablet? The latter is a low res copy and doesn't really reflect how well the camera is recording.

So i been noticing that my video footage for my P3P is grainy and kind of burley I guess. Does anyone has suggestions to what to do to fix this issue?

Here are 2 other possible solutions: How old is your P3P? As they get a bit older, the ribbon cable degrades slightly. I have had video issues with several cameras, form soft, blurry horizontal lines to flat out heavy horizontal lines and all scenarios disappeared after replacing the ribbon cable. The other possible fix is downgrading the TX firmware from the latest version. That fix took care of pixilation.

Good luck!
Jim

I am getting pretty steady and high clarity recordings. Check out -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

NO don't buy filters. Don't buy anything until you've resolved your grainy video issue. A filter is not going to 'fix' grainy video.

To get the best help from this forum, you should post a short example video.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.