GPS jamming

Reaction score
Hey fellow UAS pilots! I'm an FAA air traffic controller and I'm also a Quadcopter hobbyist! Just wanted to not only introduce myself to the forum, but also provide a little bit of insight for safety.
The military and other authorities regularly schedule GPS jamming periods that can affect wide geographical areas. To find out which areas can be affected, the general public can access an FAA website that shows NOTAMS (notices to airmen). I've also provided a link: PilotWeb: Results Page

Just a suggestion, but I would check this site frequently to minimize crashes due to GPS unreliability.

Also, I find that a free app called UAV Forecast provides really good info on airspace and TFR's.

Hopefully some of you will find this information helpful!

Happy droning, cheers!

Mccraze :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Hey mccraze, welcome to the forum. There's a lot of good info here from experienced drone pilots and we look forward to some good inside info from you as an ATC.

Fly safe/fly happy...

Reactions: mccraze
Thank you for the 'Welcome', rebelyellNC!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Wow, its a 2 months old post. But I'm glad we have FAA member here. I just bought my first drone around the time you post this.

I realize that drone can be very useful, but at the same time, it poses a lot of threat in the hands of the wrong person. I don't know why but it just came to my mind, what if terrorist starts to use commercial drone to carry out bombing? Is there any way to jam a drone to stop them from coming closer to airports, government buildings, places with crowds?

popcorn.gif

Wow, its a 2 months old post. But I'm glad we have FAA member here. I just bought my first drone around the time you post this.

I realize that drone can be very useful, but at the same time, it poses a lot of threat in the hands of the wrong person. I don't know why but it just came to my mind, what if terrorist starts to use commercial drone to carry out bombing? Is there any way to jam a drone to stop them from coming closer to airports, government buildings, places with crowds?

Search the site.

There are other older threads where this has been discussed.
Any tool can be used for Good v. Evil... the Phantom is no different.

Reactions: cfd701
Search the site.

There are other older threads where this has been discussed.
Any tool can be used for Good v. Evil... the Phantom is no different.
I was actually digging the site for jamming system. Trying to find out what would happened if our Phantom signal is jammed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl