Going Manual Mode

capodrone81 said:
Meta4 said:
marg2 said:
wanna do so real estate filming and think manual will be more natural,
Manual mode might be more suited to crazy stunt flying.
Hard to see how it would be at all helpful for real estate filming.

manual mode is purely for sport imo. sets all settings to max gains, therefore it will climb the fastest tilt the steepest descend the quickest and crash the hardest. lol :lol:

however it will flip and roll and generally act completely insane ( beast mode comes to mind ) and with the right pilot will make your jaw drop and fall in love with phantom all over again....

It doesn't effect gains.
The gain parameters are for stick response time and the 'closed control loops' for the attitude control system.

Manual mode eliminates all autopilot features and allows control inputs not encumbered by the 'reserves' needed to maintain stability.

:mrgreen:

Spiritskeeper said:
Mori55 said:
Spiritskeeper said:
What kind of real estate flying? House and roof surveys would be best on atti. If you are doing land parcels I would suggest GPS with ground station. To make it more "natural" set GS to do banking turns instead of stop and yaw.
Ok how do you do that ???

I have spent the last few hours looking for the setting. Either I am going insane, DJI has removed it or I am not looking in the right place. It used to be in the Vision app i believe. If someone else knows where the bank option lives please let us know. Even without the bank option I would use Ground Station in the vision app. Manual mode is for people who have the money, knowledge and time to crash the bird until they learn it without thinking. These are the Jedi Masters. I have removed manual mode from my s1 switch. Top -> GPS Mid -> Atti Bottom -> Return to Home.
I think your talking about fpv mode. It locks the gimbal so when you flying the gimbal won't roll so it banks with the phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl