Gimble clamp reminder

Reaction score
image.jpg
twice now Ive forgot to remove the gimble clamp. From now on, I'll put this bungee in the bird if I put the clamp in to travel.

Reactions: Pjotr
I bought a red 3D printed one for my P4P, can't miss it and it allows for filters to be left in place too.:)

I just took a red sharpie and colored the whole thing in on the inside edges of the legs etc end outside of the lens cover. Permanent, did it on the side I don’t grab and doesn’t touch the camera. Quick and easy and now I never forget. Worked well for the Mavic, too, which I find MUCH easier to forget

Sure, I mean it’s nothing fancy. :) just a few mins with a sharpie!
f3542ab09c5c9b4a17743891c10b420a.jpg

417a34826cf1316835c7f64b43b59982.jpg

ccfd84782d66a28aedc6c88e38bdccd2.jpg

EDIT: Woo big pics! Well I was gonna try to resize them, but eh, the first OPs pic is big, too, we'll call this the gigantic images of slightly modified gimbal guards thread. :)

On the Mavic, I colored both the gimbal guard and the full gimbal bubble cover thing.

On the Mavic, I colored both the gimbal guard and the full gimbal bubble cover thing.
That's a good idea. While the gimbal bubble 'may' be a little more obvious, I can see the gimbal guard easily being overlooked big time. I know I've 'almost' forgotten to remove mine a time or two.

Yeah, I have forgotten the P4P guard once ever. The Mavic one I find super easy to forget about, I don't know why. I've actually made a point of developing the habit to remove the gimbal bubble+guard BEFORE I fold out the arms. With that as my mental prep order it's much easier to remember. But the red, too, because just the red on the bubble is the screaming reminder to get the guard off, too. On my first mavic I must have forgotten a dozen times ... before crashing it into a tree, so any long term damage never showed up. :) With the replacement, which is when I started the red coloring, I have never forgotten.

I do like the idea of the 3d printed ones that can accomodate the larger filters, though.

Yeah, I ordered the one (literally just got it today; still in box) from PolarPro. It's supposed to accommodate the larger filters; theirs I imagine.

Nice. Let us know how it works out. There are times I wanted one for sure - but 90% of the time I'm working out of my hard case lately which has a nicely padded little spot for the gimbal to rest. If I'm just putting the bird in then driving to another spot and taking it back out I'll do so w/o the guard so i can leave the polarizer on, but feel nervous the entire time. :)

Tomorrow, I'm expecting a set of PolarPro filters for my P4P Obsidian. Once I get them, it'll give me a chance to see how the new PolarPro gimbal guard/protector works out and how it clears/covers the lens w/the filter attached.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl