Getting buzzed by helicopter when flying

Yeah Baby,
I know who loves me. How bout the rest of you's?

Tina, I was talking about you. Come home, please, oh please.

Yeah Baby,
I know who loves me. How bout the rest of you's?

Tina, I was talking about you. Come home, please, oh please.
Who da hell is Tina o_O
cow.png
:confused:

Know this is old, but it does happen, and thankfully I heard it before I went skyward[emoji15]!! This baby zipped right directly over me while playing with my GoPro... I now do record live Gopro whenever I fly[emoji6]!! As far as I'm concerned they have RIGHT OF WAY!! Don't need publicity, and it's not the first time neither... Often wandered if their radar can pick things up such as the Inspire???

Know this is old, but it does happen, and thankfully I heard it before I went skyward[emoji15]!! This baby zipped right directly over me while playing with my GoPro... I now do record live Gopro whenever I fly[emoji6]!! As far as I'm concerned they have RIGHT OF WAY!! Don't need publicity, and it's not the first time neither... Often wandered if their radar can pick things up such as the Inspire???

didja see any MIB (Men In Black) following you around the past few days?

Reactions: PB30X
Is that what they call em nowadays [emoji16]

Reactions: IflyinWY

And I thought you did a great job at it.
:D:D

Reactions: AmosMoses
Oh my,

johan, I agree with almost everything, well less than that, BUT

Really? You are talking "Old School", which doesn't really matter because even today there isn't a freaking "Banner Tower" that overtakes anything except LA traffic. You're cracking me up. Didja think no one was reading this Shirt??
Lol. My company and most others generally flew 55-60mph IAS in the banner lane. But there were a few smaller companies liked to lolligag along at about 45-50mph IAS so we would pass them regularly. Those slow guys and the blimps were pretty much the only time I passed anyone when I was pulling rags. I used to always get called out as ' VFR helicopter' whenever ATC would call me as traffic to their IFR's. ;-)

Lol. My company and most others generally flew 55-60mph IAS in the banner lane. But there were a few smaller companies liked to lolligag along at about 45-50mph IAS so we would pass them regularly. Those slow guys and the blimps were pretty much the only time I passed anyone when I was pulling rags. I used to always get called out as ' VFR helicopter' whenever ATC would call me as traffic to their IFR's. ;-)

That would be one looooooooooooooooooooooong helicopeter...
Longnook.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl