FWIW, I found a sun shade that fits the 10.5” iPad

Reaction score
Hooshion Remote Controller Phone Monitor Sun hood Sunshade Cover Hood Smartphone Tablet iPad Sun Shade for DJI MAVIC PRO Mavic air Inspire / PHANTOM 3 4 M600 OSMO Accessories (<220mm, Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075XKYH3L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_8Ff.AbSNC9FNS

I can confirm that the above sun shade fits the 10.5” iPad
IMG_1526487411.307459.jpg

After much searching on Amazon, this is the best one I’ve found that doesn’t obstruct the view.

IF....it has the rubber bands on the edge where it slips Over the Tablet.....I got one too and i love it much better then velcro !

Here you go.

Drone Aviator hood kit for iPad Pro 10.5 - HAV3KIT

The thing with ipads is the reflection. You can be in total shade and still be completely compromised by a reflection. Open ended sunshades do not help. Anti reflection screens do not help. Only full isolation does the trick. The hoodman is more money and it's more of a rig on the remote, granted. But when you can look at your screen and truly see it no matter what, then know you can really fly safely in any daylight situation. It's the next best thing to goggles. Put your money where it will actually work for you in this respect. Can't recommend more highly.

Here you go.

Drone Aviator hood kit for iPad Pro 10.5 - HAV3KIT

The thing with ipads is the reflection. You can be in total shade and still be completely compromised by a reflection. Open ended sunshades do not help. Anti reflection screens do not help. Only full isolation does the trick. The hoodman is more money and it's more of a rig on the remote, granted. But when you can look at your screen and truly see it no matter what, then know you can really fly safely in any daylight situation. It's the next best thing to goggles. Put your money where it will actually work for you in this respect. Can't recommend more highly.
I can confirm this. The bigger the screen, the more reflection comes into play. I was using the new shade yesterday, on an overcast day, and the reflection on the iPad 10.5" made it almost unusable.

Reactions: KevMo Photog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.