Fraud Warning

Reaction score
One of the larger retailers of consumer quads, "Drone-World" was recently shut down. Apparently, the owner, Stephen McKenna, was counterfeiting products (cheap knockoffs) and passing them off as the original "real" product. Attached is the court docket of what is going on:

You ever wonder how these people think they will get away with such obvious schemes.

Very true. That operation was known to be scamming people for so long. Selling ITElite antennas for 5x the price after claiming that they "invented" it. Glad to see that justice finally caught up with the guy.

Reactions: IslaJim and Ansia
I bought a Mavic Air from Drone World and it is authentic and I've never had any issues with it. What products, if you know, were they selling that were "knock-offs"?

They are a rip off. They owe me a drone that was paid for. Also I purchased the one year insurance and they never sent the money to DJI. Pi$$ed! Shame on them.

Last edited:
One of the larger retailers of consumer quads, "Drone-World" was recently shut down. Apparently, the owner, Stephen McKenna, was counterfeiting products (cheap knockoffs) and passing them off as the original "real" product. Attached is the court docket of what is going on:

Its been shut down for months.

Wow. When our department bought our Phantom 4 Pro + Falcon kit for our UAV Team we had nothing but positive dealings with them. We went back to them for orders of additional batteries and other items and all were shipped quickly and were in perfect working order. We spoke to them on the phone a couple of times and had great service. I knew they closed suddenly and there was some sort of drama but didn't know it was this bad. Real shame. While the owner may have been wrong his employees were awesome to work with.

Wow. When our department bought our Phantom 4 Pro + Falcon kit for our UAV Team we had nothing but positive dealings with them. We went back to them for orders of additional batteries and other items and all were shipped quickly and were in perfect working order. We spoke to them on the phone a couple of times and had great service. I knew they closed suddenly and there was some sort of drama but didn't know it was this bad. Real shame. While the owner may have been wrong his employees were awesome to work with.
Looks like you were the vast exception.

Attachments

• 3B9E2107-0ED9-473F-839C-CB614DBD0518.jpeg
    3B9E2107-0ED9-473F-839C-CB614DBD0518.jpeg
    570.1 KB · Views: 424
Reactions: Cellblock776
Thanks for posting this. Explains a lot.

Please beware.
I bought this product because I have 10 old Phantom 4 batteries that are very old and/or damaged. I wanted a safe way to discharge them to 0%. I followed the directions on the product and with in 15 minutes, the product started to melt. I've included some photos.

Attachments

• Beware01.jpg
    Beware01.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 345
  • Beware02.jpg
    Beware02.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 368

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads