FPVLR Antennas

Reaction score
wonder if they are going to bring out some antennas for the p3, they have a kit for the lightbridge but not a inspire kit so to speak which surprises me. Will they bring a Half sphere helix and omni for the controller i wonder. I know 2k is way far enough which will be more like 1.5k in the real world but be interesting to see if they do.

I emailed Tony last night. He said he expected to have a specific kit within a month

I know DBS and itElite are working on a Linear Polarized Panel Antenna Solution right now.

That makes sense because the P3 drone now has Linear (vertical) Polarized antennas in it landing legs; they are not circular polarized. A circular to linear mismatch can cause a 3dBm drop in signal strength.

He's already got a kit for the inspire ..
option 1 and 2..
4 miles with option 1
and 5 to 6 with option 2..
I'm sure the performance will be similar on the phantom 3..
also I've heard the inspire controller will work with the phantom 3..
turbo. .

not seen that kit where is it in there web site, i have only ever looked under the DJI kit tab. will hunt now

Cool you have the inspire great machine, and with a 4 mile kit that's well, pretty much amazing i bet. love the speed and how responsive it is. I will have one some day, but for now look forward to my new arrival of the lesser bird. lol

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Cool you have the inspire great machine, and with a 4 mile kit that's well, pretty much amazing i bet. love the speed and how responsive it is. I will have one some day, but for now look forward to my new arrival of the lesser bird. lol
It's all good brother. .and yes the range capabilities of rhe inspire 1 is absolutely amazing ..
the P3 will be awesome too..they advertised the inspire1 as having a 2km distance capability and stock I've heard up to 3 miles..
2 being easy to achieve. .
so I believe the same will be true with the p3..
happy flying. .
turbo. .

What tablet are you using while i have an inspire pilot at hand. we have another post on this subject going on now. Im thinking of going for a ipad mini 2.

What tablet are you using while i have an inspire pilot at hand. we have another post on this subject going on now. Im thinking of going for a ipad mini 2.
I use the nvidia shield. .it has a screen recoding device and also you can play your SD card directly on the shield in 4k..
also it has an hdmi port that I connect my dominators to..
My only complaint is that the screen is small..
it's like 8 inches. .
It cost 400.00 usd and I added it to my atnt account for 10 bucks a month. .

I use the nvidia shield. .it has a screen recoding device and also you can play your SD card directly on the shield in 4k..
also it has an hdmi port that I connect my dominators to..
My only complaint is that the screen is small..
it's like 8 inches. .
It cost 400.00 usd and I added it to my atnt account for 10 bucks a month. .

Just thought of something awesome. Should come out with support for the inspire so as you pan and tilt your head while wearing the video goggles you can pan and tilt the camera.

Do it yourselfers have been making quads and fixed wing birds like that for years now.

Just thought of something awesome. Should come out with support for the inspire so as you pan and tilt your head while wearing the video goggles you can pan and tilt the camera.

Do it yourselfers have been making quads and fixed wing birds like that for years now.
I have a buddy that's trying to do that on his inspire with a fpv cam and head tracking through his dominator he's..
Also you can use the shield game controller to operate your camera ..some have warned about possible interference due to it using the same 2.4 ghz band..but say the chance of unwanted interference is low..
Turbo..

People have been getting up to 5KM (3miles) on the stock antennas, and that will run a battery down to zip, so I don't see the need for more range mod's to the P3. Went that route with my P2 and ordered the P3 just so I wouldn't have to mod it to get out 2 miles.
Well it takes a little more than three miles to run down a battery and that's true a inspire can go up to three miles on stock eqiptment ,but I've only heard of a couple getting that kind of range..
Many get far less ...depends where you fly and how much interference there is ..
Did I see dirkclod like a post saying stock was good enough?? Lol:eek:
Turbo..

Well it takes a little more than three miles to run down a battery and that's true a inspire can go up to three miles on stock eqiptment ,but I've only heard of a couple getting that kind of range..
Many get far less ...depends where you fly and how much interference there is ..
Did I see dirkclod like a post saying stock was good enough?? Lol:eek:
Turbo..
One guy posted a video of him (hellipal) going out 5KM on stock antennas, still had a good link, he made it back with 1% battery, a bit to close for me, I don't live that dangerously with such an expensive gadget.

One guy posted a video of him (hellipal) going out 5KM on stock antennas, still had a good link, he made it back with 1% battery, a bit to close for me, I don't live that dangerously with such an expensive gadget.
I went 20000 feet and landed with 8 percent in reserve..
I live on the edge!!
Turbo..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.