FPV Epson Moverio BT 200 Glasses

Reaction score
Recently received my new Phantom 3 Professional. The Epson Glasses worked well with the Phantom Vision 2 Plus, that was recently sold. Not sure how the glasses will communicate with the Phantom 3. Anyone experiencing same problem or know of a work around ??

I've got the BT-200 and it works so well with my Phantom 2 Vision. Just got a P3 today, supposedly you can miracast from another device to the Epson but I haven't got that to work yet. Someone on the XDA developers forum says it works, I'm trying to get more information from him.

You cannot load the DJI Pilot app on the Epson unit 'cuz the Android OS is too old. There isn't an upgrade (that I have found) for the Epson. Epson tech support has been very quiet/non existent about any plans to upgrade.

Not looking good for P3 and Epson BT-200. What a shame.

My Phantom 2 vision plus did crash and my gimbal is not working anymore.
Because a new gimbal costs approx 600euro . I was thinking of buying the Phantom 3, but If the BT200 is not working with the P3 , I need to repair the P2V+ or buying an used P2V+
Please keep us informed. (i love those Glasses)

I have been adding DJI support to my DronePro Android app which I already use on the Moverio.
Unfortunately it looks like the Moverio will only support the Phantom V2+, which is working fine from my app on the Moverio.
Phantom V3 / Inspire uses Lightbridge software and it is failing in dji.midware.media.DJIVideoDecoder.initVideoDecoder which means the DJICamera object won't load due to using references to android/media/MediaCodec which fail as they are only in 4.1 and higher.
Shame the Moverio is on 4.0.4...

Ph3, bt 200 and samsung tab s with its in built miracast app works fine for me..

What is the name of the miracast app in the Samsung? I checked my S5, Tab 7 and Note 2 and can't seem to find it. Not in the Galaxy apps either... Help!
Thanks

Full setup of iPhone 6+ and BT-200's

ok... here you go..

1. Download Airpin Pro app from Waxrain. (or Amazon app store, I did it this way.)
2. Install Airpin pro on the BT 200's
3. Restart Bt 200's and the airpin pro app starts automatically.
4. Connect both Bt 200's and your Apple device to the DLink DIR-510L portable router via wifi.
5. Startup Airplay on your apple device ( swipe up from bottom of screen)
6. Select your Bt 200 device from Apple airplay
7. Select screen mirroring.
8. Start DJI app

your away...

I tested last night with two full flights (+40) mins with out any problems... :)

I had to do this as my Android device (TAB S) wont work at this time due to the firmware problems and video lag in the app.

So using my iPhone 6+

I use the Dlink DIR-510L as its AC750 speeds and is portable... :)

Any questions? please just ask.

Regs Chris

Reactions: shomci
I've got the BT-200 and it works so well with my Phantom 2 Vision. Just got a P3 today, supposedly you can miracast from another device to the Epson but I haven't got that to work yet. Someone on the XDA developers forum says it works, I'm trying to get more information from him.

You cannot load the DJI Pilot app on the Epson unit 'cuz the Android OS is too old. There isn't an upgrade (that I have found) for the Epson. Epson tech support has been very quiet/non existent about any plans to upgrade.

You can upgrade the Moverio Glasses by rooting them but the best solution is to use the Ultimate Flight app which is made just for them. I've been using it for a month or so. Bigger image with full screen (something the Vision app won't do) and lots of controls including a built-in booster.

This really gives you the best FPV experinece, IMHO. The glasses, unlike goggles, can be seen through and around (so you don't have to pull them off to land) plus you don't look so strange with them on - they're more like wrap-around sunglasses.

Go to the Copter Shop or just search Ultimate Flight Bt200, it's a free app and great !

Hey guys I am at my wits ends... I bought the Epson mover BT-200 glasses and have yet to be able to mirror, i tried with airpin and IOS does not work, and tried mirroring to a galaxy tab S I am able to see the epson and it tries to connect but then it fails.

Full setup of iPhone 6+ and BT-200's

ok... here you go..

1. Download Airpin Pro app from Waxrain. (or Amazon app store, I did it this way.)
2. Install Airpin pro on the BT 200's
3. Restart Bt 200's and the airpin pro app starts automatically.
4. Connect both Bt 200's and your Apple device to the DLink DIR-510L portable router via wifi.
5. Startup Airplay on your apple device ( swipe up from bottom of screen)
6. Select your Bt 200 device from Apple airplay
7. Select screen mirroring.
8. Start DJI app

your away...

I tested last night with two full flights (+40) mins with out any problems... :)

I had to do this as my Android device (TAB S) wont work at this time due to the firmware problems and video lag in the app.

So using my iPhone 6+

I use the Dlink DIR-510L as its AC750 speeds and is portable... :)

Any questions? please just ask.

Regs Chris

Exactly how do I connect the Epson Moverio BT-2oo to a Phantom 3? I would be mosr gratefuul for any advice.

many thanks,

Adam Carr.

I have the P2v+ and just bought the BT-200 glasses. Any suggestions how to get the DJI app on the android controller (or any other solutions to fly it with the BT200s)? Thanks.Clay

I have the P2v+ and just bought the BT-200 glasses. Any suggestions how to get the DJI app on the android controller (or any other solutions to fly it with the BT200s)? Thanks.Clay
Follow the solution proposed by clay above.

Follow the solution proposed by clay above.
Thanks! I'm still not sue what the solution is. My name is Clay Phillips and I didn't post a solution. I can't find a solution the other Clay posted that involves using the BT200 with P2V+ if anyone can help. I take it the DJI app cant be installed on the BT200 android control unit... looking for an alternative solution if their is one.

Thanks! I'm still not sue what the solution is. My name is Clay Phillips and I didn't post a solution. I can't find a solution the other Clay posted that involves using the BT200 with P2V+ if anyone can help. I take it the DJI app cant be installed on the BT200 android control unit... looking for an alternative solution if their is one.
Claydoc911 presented a solution.

Per him you run DJI app on iPhone which is connected to RC. Install AirPin Pro on BT-200. Both the devices share a wifi generated by a mobile router and AirPlay on iPhone mirrors the screen on BT-200.

Reactions: Clay Phillips
Clay Phillips -
I followed the instructions that claydoc911 provided and was able to (kinda) get my BT-200's to work with my P3. I purchased a portable router (smaller than a soda can) and use the Airpin software on my glasses and "mirrored" from my iPhone 6. I did get a picture but there was considerable lag and breakup - so much that I really couldn't use it for FPV flying.

There is GREAT NEWS, however, as Epson has announced the BT-300 glasses and those specifications meet the requirements for running the DJI app. Of course, they aren't shipping yet and it will probably be 6 months before you can get them (I have already pre-ordered mine). Until then I'm using my BT-200 with my Phantom2vision (not plus) and a tablet computer with my Phantom 3 pro.

Hope this helps!
tcg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20