Flytrex Live 3G questions and big fail.

Reaction score
Hi guys,

As i and many more people don't get any answer from the support guys at Flytrex i try it here.

I have to write a review about the flytrex so installed the device via the canbus adapter.

Lets say it short. Flytrex live 3G, power up, red light, and after a few seconds solid blue for the rest of the day...:) No flashing, no purple, and no green.

Again, Flytrex is reading the support case (i got a confirmation about that) but is completely ignoring me. Is there here somebody who can help me to get this device working? Otherwise the review will be very short.... A **** thing. :)

Peter

Hopefully they will see this post. I have had a problem open for several weeks, no replies. Their support is very inconsistent, Facebook, here on the forum, and through their support. Although my problem is minor and I realize they get busy, they seem to have time to develop a log book, Phantom 3 and Inspire hardware.

They can develop what they want. As you see is the flytrex live community not as big as they want. (almost no live flights on their site). And for sure this is because of bad support.
I give them some more days and than i write my review (its more a story about bad device and horrible support now). And than for me it's case closed.

P.

They can develop what they want. As you see is the flytrex live community not as big as they want. (almost no live flights on their site). And for sure this is because of bad support.
I give them some more days and than i write my review (its more a story about bad device and horrible support now). And than for me it's case closed.

P.
So you get the blue light which means your data network is working? That's what I have, but just set it up. After waiting 2 months to get my Flytrex3G, I can't imagine not being able to use it soon!

So you get the blue light which means your data network is working? That's what I have, but just set it up. After waiting 2 months to get my Flytrex3G, I can't imagine not being able to use it soon!

NO, yes i get a blue light. But DIRECT after red. So no blinking purple in between. So absolute no data connection. Even without simcard it gives this blue light.

"funny" detail is that they offered me a new one. "please send the invoice", i did, and after that a very big silence. The Flytrex support is horrible. When i write my blog i advice everybody not to buy Flytrex stuff if they don't fix this in the next few days.

This is misleading.

Ironically, I also just received my second device in 24hrs. Since I can't get the first to work, maybe I should open this package??!! I think I'll give Flytrex a day to respond then decide to open the second package...

Ironically, I also just received my second device in 24hrs. Since I can't get the first to work, maybe I should open this package??!! I think I'll give Flytrex a day to respond then decide to open the second package...

Keep me informed. And ofcourse, open it and try it. If this one is also not working than is just ****!

Keep me informed. And ofcourse, open it and try it. If this one is also not working than is just ****!
I got a response from Flytrex and am working through some issues with my setup. Will be able to test again tomorrow.

Hi struijs :)

I'll be glad to try and help with this, but I'll need a bit more technical details about your setup and the exact LED flashing sequence that you are seeing to better try and debug this issue.

1. What SIM are you using?

2. If I understand correctly the first LED you are seeing is red and then it turns solid blue. Any chance that the second color you actually see is purple and not blue? If possible, it will really help very much if you could post a short video showing your LED flashing sequence. This will give me a lot more information so I can see what exactly is taking place on your end.

3. What aircraft are you using? Do you have the Live 3G installed using the CAN-BUS Adapter or without?

Looking forward for your follow-up. Thanks! :)

Hi struijs :)

I'll be glad to try and help with this, but I'll need a bit more technical details about your setup and the exact LED flashing sequence that you are seeing to better try and debug this issue.

1. What SIM are you using?

2. If I understand correctly the first LED you are seeing is red and then it turns solid blue. Any chance that the second color you actually see is purple and not blue? If possible, it will really help very much if you could post a short video showing your LED flashing sequence. This will give me a lot more information so I can see what exactly is taking place on your end.

3. What aircraft are you using? Do you have the Live 3G installed using the CAN-BUS Adapter or without?

First of all thank you that you wanna look at my case.

Looking forward for your follow-up. Thanks! :)

Did i woke up some people to write in this forum?

Had finaly contact with some people from flytrex via email. But after some "promises" the silence start again. So, i am again alone in the forrest.

1: Vodafone and Simyo (KPN Network) Sims
2: Red, Blue (don't know if i can upload a video here)
3: Phantom 2 V3

NB Found out that i have a Live and not the 3G. So maybe old stock from FPV24.com SO BE AWARE GUYS!

Did i woke up some people to write in this forum?

Had finaly contact with some people from flytrex via email. But after some "promises" the silence start again. So, i am again alone in the forrest.

1: Vodafone and Simyo (KPN Network) Sims
2: Red, Blue (don't know if i can upload a video here)
3: Phantom 2 V3

NB Found out that i have a Live and not the 3G. So maybe old stock from FPV24.com SO BE AWARE GUYS!

Hi Struijs :)

Thanks for the feedback!

Since you are using the previous Live 2G, and not our latest Live 3G, I'm pretty confident that the connection issues you are seeing are due to using the previous version. The newer Live 3G uses a far more advanced GSM 3G module which connects to the network much more easily and quickly.

If you would like and send you just recently ordered the Live 2G, please send a short email to our support team at [email protected] and we will be glad to ship to you a replacement Live 3G system and replace your current 2G version with the latest version. I'm confident you will have far better experience using the new Live 3G.

Please include reference to this post with your email, so our support will know to check the status with me first thing tomorrow morning and we'll arrange the replacement 3G system shipment to you already in the next 2-3 days from now.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with. Thanks! :)

Reactions: Glassman

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20