Flytrex 3G

Reaction score
Has anyone bought the Flytrex 3G. After reading some of the stories of people losing their P3. I decided to buy one for my soon to be delivered P3P. I was wondering if the fitting instructions were the same as the P2 as I see none for the P3.

Cheers

The cable is not ready yet so you have no way of using Flytrex just yet. Here is a video from the Q500 I had with flytrex live 3g.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: dalebb
For those who already own a flytrex 3G get ready to break out your wallet. Flytrex is saying that the old 3G is NOT supported on the newer phantoms/ Inspire. They "need" the newer Flytrex 3G (currently taking pre-order's) which will have the power leads (orginal 3G model) removed and the CAN-BUS cable integrated into the unit. You'll still need to pop the lid on your P3 to install. Just not sure where it is going to plug in yet. I've already sold my old Flytrex 3G and have pre-ordered the newer model.

I placed my order specifically for the Phantom 3. Are you saying this is not going to work with the P3.

The wires to connect to the Phantom came in a separate purchase. Here is t what I bought.

Flytrex Live 3G for Phantom 3 $189.99

Flytrex Live Installation Adapter for Phantom 3 Professional $19.99

I just noticed now, it is on pre order for mid May.. It is the one you are talking about. Phew.

They're (pre)selling an adapter which implies its the same L3G as before.... Not sure how it would differ anyway...there's a GPS port... Just need a patch between the GPS port and the Flytrex. @cmyk22 please elaborate with a document or something.

Are you asking me to elaborate with a document or something???????. I just pre ordered it. I came here to get information about it as I am a newbie. They said it will ship in 48 hours. May be a standard email reply. Not sure.

This is a snippet of email between me and Amit from flytrex:
------
I'm sorry for the slight delay, I wanted to reply once I have a better answer for you on this. :)

Earlier this week we also opened the pre-order for the Phantom 3 adapter and new Live 3G for the Phantom 3 (and Inspire 1). Please note that you will need the new Live 3G for Inspire 1 and Phantom 3 since the current version won't work :/ The new Live 3G version was especially designed for use with the new generation of systems and much faster communication protocols.

The new Live 3G for Inspire 1/Phantom 3 uses much stronger processor, adds built-in CAN-BUS module so you get all the benefits of the CAN-BUS adapter without having to add the adapter (making the installation much cleaner), redesigned plastics, merged power and data to a single port so the red/black wires were taken off for a cleaner look, plug&play install and much more! We've been working a lot behind the scenes on this! :)

Regarding installation, yes, you will need to open up the P3 and connect our adapter. Once opened the shell installation itself is straightforward though. From what we've seen, DJI have added plastic "snaps" making the opening a bit more challenging/annoying, but we were able to get this done in about 5 minutes from the moment we got the P3, so not a really big issue.

As for opening it -- personally I don't see the difference from any other consumer electronics.. much like I can open and upgrade my macbook, PC or take my car to a garage. I doubt there is any law that can allow them to limit users from customizing their Phantom 3 after buying it. That's just not the way things work. :)

I hope this helps. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Thanks!

Amit Regev,
Flytrex - The World's Leading Quadcopters and Multirotors Pilots Network
Join Today: http://flytrex.com . Love Us: http://facebook.com/flytrex

Am I correct in assuming that the difference between the Inspire and P3 GPS set up. is the connection kit to the black box only. I plan on getting an inspire in the future. Would be good if this just swapped over from the P3.

Am I correct in assuming that the difference between the Inspire and P3 GPS set up. is the connection kit to the black box only. I plan on getting an inspire in the future. Would be good if this just swapped over from the P3.
Probably a safe assumption.

Just had it confirmed with Flytrex. I ordered the inspire connections as well. I have been a bit cheeky and asked if they will send with the first batch of inspire units, as technically it is for an inspire 1 as well. We will see how far my Scottish Charm gets me.

Does this mean you need to buy a new Live 3G unit?

The unit is the exact same for both. Only the $19.99 connection wires for each model are different.
Buy one unit and the two fitting connections for the inspire and P3.

I just use a Trackimo. It is much cheaper, easier to use and it works. Saved me from a total loss on a P2. I won't fly w/o it.

The unit is the exact same for both. Only the $19.99 connection wires for each model are different.
Buy one unit and the two fitting connections for the inspire and P3.

The email from Amit seems to suggest different hardware in the unit and upgraded connection style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BigPig

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.