Flying my drone throughout the Middle East - what's their take on them?

Reaction score
Hello friends,

I am heading off next week on an extensive trip throughout the Middle East - first to Doha in Qatar, then Dubai in UAE, then Cairo. I thought it would be very cool to get some footage of the Dubai skyline and the pyramids in Egypt. Flying safely and within the local regulations of course.

My gut instinct though is "whoa"...that's not a place where I'd like some policeman to think I'm spying and be stuck in an Egyptian jail somewhere for flying a drone.

So just curious, are any of the forum members here from, or have flown in these regions? Does anyone know if there are any official restrictions on flying in these areas?

Thanks!

Are ya looking to be imprisoned as a spy? Food for thought.

Sent via Galaxy Note 4 & Tapatalk

Don't even try to get it into Qatar or Dubai it's not worth the hassle you will get which will probably result in you getting a prison sentence. If there wasn't a total ban on flying trust me you would fall foul of some other law which you guessed it would result in a prison sentence. As for Egypt I don't know about getting it into the country but if you managed that and got it in the air it would be promptly shot down by militants!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am going to Thailand in November and it would have been amazing to take the Phantom, however I am going via Dubai which means I can't.

I wouldn't even attempt to take it in to Dubai.

Better know what country you're in.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

are there any changes at the laws in Qatar about drones with camera?
I saw recently a hobby shop advertising DJI drones with camera onboard.

I am going to Thailand in November and it would have been amazing to take the Phantom, however I am going via Dubai which means I can't.

I wouldn't even attempt to take it in to Dubai.

Thailand is ok with drones! As long as you don't fly over military/government buildings! I'm here right now

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen