Floats for PH-3 and PH-4

This weekend we have been testing the system developed for the PH4 floats.
The test has performed one of the group, which has acquired a kit for PH-4 and one for the PH-3.
The info I have, it seems that everything has gone perfectly and buoys are outside the field of view of the camera.
video link

Reactions: paulj
How much does it weigh? 150 Grs aprox

How much loss in flight time due to weight increase?
The loss of flight time depends not so much for the weight , but for the wind during the flight , as the set offers little resistance this affecs battery life .
In the tests we have done, the duration of the battery is shortened from 10 to 15%

How stable in heavy swells?
In tidal waves stability depends on wave height , it is obviousthat it is not convenient landing it with many waves .
The concept is to land with calm seas and in case of failures during flight, recover the drone to make use of DJI guarantee or insurance in case of the insured drone.

How Durable?
The truth is that we have not validated the durability of the kit , but I'm sure it will be higher than the drone durability

Attachments

• fOTO.jpg
    fOTO.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 308
Can you post a continuous video to illustrate flying time? I would expect no more than 10 minutes of flying time, hovering time would not be a realistic test.
It is a neat design.

Fastsmiles, this weekend I will try to make 2 flights with 2 different batteries, one with and one without buoys.
I'll will hang all HealthyDrones telemetry, si that you can draw your own conclusions.
greetings Alex

Turbotank.
The price of the kit with suitcase included is 125 euros + shipping costs, which depend on where we have to send it, and shipping mode.
For payment, I will provide a bank account to make the deposit.
If you provide me your direction to [email protected] I will inform you of shipments modalities.
Greetings Alex

Here I leave the translation of the post he has written a user of the floats nautical on:
http://www.todophantom.com/foro/forum/para-todos/phantom-3/223722-flotadores-para-phantom-3/page6

Hi everyone, I think it is time to congratulate Araw by being it tested its creation,
For my part these floats are great, the flight behavior is very good although a little windy affects without causing danger I think, but I consider it unavoidable given its minimum volume required,
The behavior when landing in water is brutal, super stable and more .., can do much more abrupt landings on the ground with its landing gear without problems because of its flexibility and stability.

For my part I find another interesting feature that could have, although maybe you think I'm crazy, jajajaj
in one of my jobs maybe I would do well to takeoffs and landings moving speed of clear sailing, and I think for some tests already done that with the apparatus in atti and using the floats as landing gear could be interesting, losing risk to dump the apparatus on landing.

Finally warn you that when landing the appliance sea with some waves, ends up taking off alone and staying hover 10 centimeters of water, it takes some time, I understand that the movement of water causes the device attempt to stabilize when you have engines up on water.

I congratulate you Alex for your work and I thank you because in my case is very interesting to have something to work on the water.
Finally say that in my case it has had an outstanding attention because the package takes me several days, he personally contacted me to see if he had arrived
and he immediately contacted postal resolving the issue, you can rely on 100%.

I agree with your comment, but the problem is that if sink to more than 10 meters. with GetterBack System Recovery you can not recover it.
Another system I've been watching is the whater buoy
but more than 3 meters deep is useless.
Thanks for your comment
There is a big error in the test above 2 lbs of steel will not displace as much water as a drone. The specific gravity of steel is about 7.2 or so while my guess is that a phantom is about 1.25 that means that if you where to take a scale and weigh both in air, weight both in water they would they would weight different.

Just to drive my point home go buy two pound of styro foam, and try Using your same test method they both will weigh two lbs when weighed in air.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4