Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Floating ice sheets on Lake Michigan near South Haven

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by Paladin27, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Paladin27

This is my first planned video since I have added a Zenmuse, video Tx/iOSD with Black Pearl LCD, and Mad Dog batteries. I did a couple test flights to get everything figured out before this, but this is the first flight where I focused on shooting video instead of figuring out hardware.

I flew out about 600 meters and up about 120 meters around the pier in South Haven, Michigan. It was a beautiful sunset but REALLY cold! Also, gratuitous use of lighthouse in video. ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xsn78XPknQ[/youtube]

Some photos from the flight and the sunset as well.
    Click for more: https://www.flickr.com/photos/paladin27/sets/72157643173876733/[​IMG]

2. acoll123

Very nice video. I would like to see you land on one of the floating ice sheets!

3. Paladin27

Are you TRYING to make me lose my quad!? ;-) I will have to go back out there!

4. Steely

Great vids!

5. tubino

Great video! Was any of it shot from as high as 400M? Most of it seemed a lot lower.

6. Paladin27

I pulled a NASA and used the wrong measurement in my post... I meant around 400ft for height. I believe my iOSD read around 120-130 meters at the highest point. I was going out around 600 meters for distance. For whatever reason, I always think about altitude in terms of feet and do a rough conversion in my head while flying even though the screen reads in meters. But for distance, I just go until the screen starts to static, so I don't pay as close of attention to the number.

Sorry to get ya excited with a 400 meter altitude. ;)

7. Wheat

Really good video. I hope to see some more SW Michigan videos from you. I just got my Vision+ last week and I hope to get some good videos of the area as well.