Flew over a car crash real quick while stuck in traffic

This forum is funny... Didnt ruffle me man. Would be nice if some others felt the same but apparently I digress whether I know it or not!

It's legal to be an ambulance chaser with a DSLR and a telephoto too, wouldn't feel very good on the receiving end though.

Last edited:
It's legal to be an ambulance chaser with a DSLR and a telephoto too, wouldn't feel very good on the receiving end though.

Funny you should bring that up. I have a photography business and recently added a P3P to the camera bag.

I have gone by many accidents and never pulled my camera out. Not sure what the mystique is, if not the tragedy. It's probably just me but sometimes people in pain need their space and your respect. It's rare you will 'score' with the media ($$$ I mean).

Having said this, my drone might change this. It's a fresh perspective and as such far more interesting, to me anyway. But I would work with a media outlet or agency. One where my involvement would provide this new 'perspective'. It's not footage I would be putting up on my YouTube. And my actions would be sanctioned by authorities. If there is value, they'll want to pay for it and I won't be impeding the real work.

One more thing, I am insured when shooting photos and am getting insurance for commercial aerial photography.

Fly safely, enjoy your new found freedom, stay out of the way of people doing the real work and if you do manage to get some awesome footage, cool and if someone wants to pay for it better yet. Just don't be the one who interfered.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Someone said privacy is gone the way of the dodo earlier and I'm inclined to agree. Pretty soon a reasonable expectation of privacy will be a lot harder to achieve in court.

Currently you can somewhat rely on it without any crazy steps... any court will say you could reasonably believe you were in private. (For whatever arbitrary scenario)

I expect that will be gone eventually unless you are inside a closed box.

pretty sure you can kill people when you need to... but flying out of sight isn't causing any deaths so not sure what the big deal is.
Missing the point my friend.

The fact that something can be bought doesn't mean it's allowed to do everything with it. Cars. Knives. Shovels.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31