Had a run in with a neighbor (with a twist)

Reaction score
I have a guy down the street that is an ABSOLUTE A$$HOLE, just constantly come's down on people for just about anything, from too many dandelions in your lawn, to leaving too many kids toys in your yard. You know the type.

I had a 'DARWIN FISH' on my car- he broke it off, so I used epoxy to glue another one on (the car is a real beater)

And he chipped that one off. It offended him. I digress.

The first time I flew my quad and he saw it he called the cops, they showed up and pretty much told him to chill, that I was doing nothing wrong. He got really POed about that and told me later he was going to be watching me.

Saturday I was walking out to my car (my quad was in the car) and I had the remote in my hand, and here he comes down the sidewalk yelling about my quad looking in his front window. (Im the only 'quad jockey' in the area so it had to be me, right?) Giving credit where it's do, he was rather spectacular!!

So, I go through the motions of landing the quad while he calls the cops. It took about 8 minutes for the cop to show up, so we just stood there and waited.

The first thing the cop wants to know is, What the guy had to say, what had I done. The second thing was---------------WHERE IS THE DRONE?? When I told him it was in the back seat of my car, and that I had not flown it since Thursday and if he wanted to he could hold the batteries (they were in the car too) he could tell they were ice cold.

When I explained what had happened he told me to have a nice day and to go about my business, he was still talking with my neighbor 15 minutes later. Oops!!!!

graybeard

Reactions: Carriecap76
Sounds like you are going to have a real fun time me with him. Glad it turned out for the best.

You should fly it to his window in the middle of the night and then bounce

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: KidKobe210
got lady on my block like that always sticking nose in my business told her it was drone police with lights on it

Sheesh. With neighbors like this- who needs enemies. I think we all have them. The one in my neighborhood always blasts her nonsense on fb. "I saw that drone from my window- did you see me wave at it to go away? Whoever it was needs to tell me". There are only 2 of us in the neighborhood with quads. Easy to figure out who it is. I swear some people are just so bitter that they want to drag everyone down too. Reminds my of a neighbor i used to have- i had my telescope out watching venus transit the sun and getting pics and she stormed out of her house yelling and fussing the whole time swearing i was spying on her and taking pictures. I had to get my wife to explain to her it was a telescope and i was viewing the sun and watching the planet venus cross between the sun and earth. She wasnt satisfied until i showed her the pics. Unbelievably- my hobbies dont include these boring old people. I dont like to talk to them already- like im gonna waste battery power to look at them with my quad. There are far more interesting things to see in nature. Plus- if im gonna spy on someone- im gonna park my big *** yellow h2 in their yard and turn on my led light bars and make sure they know im there!!!

Reactions: Jaime Ray Vaughn
Sometime you just wish you could deck them. I got a real nut job down the street and I don't even have a drone yet. I can't wait when I do and see what happens. I am gonna make sure my wife is using her iPhone to tape me so if the cops are called I can show proof. Makes me want to live on a ranch. Lol. Good luck with the nut.

I have neighbors like that too. We all do. All we can do is be the best neighbors we can and hope for the best. I think because drones are getting a bad rap, we have to go above and beyond and be the best neighbor in the hood. The reasonable neighbors will appreciate it and the wackos won't like it no matter how good a person you are.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik