Finally an Awesome iPad Air 2 Sunshade custom made for the DJI Phantom 3

Reaction score
We just released our much requested iPad Air 2 Sunshade for the Phantom 3. It'ssturdy, fits the stock controller, and then neatly stores inside itself when you're not flying. Check it out and let us know what you think. These are not our promo photos but they do show the newly released product.

http://aerialdroneaccessories.com/pr...and-phantom-3/

Let us know what you think.

WEB-BE5A7683.jpg WEB-BE5A7683.jpgWEB-BE5A7685.jpg WEB-BE5A7696.jpg WEB-BE5A7697.jpg WEB-BE5A7702.jpg

Reactions: Mike Mauk
Maybe one day when we are mass producing we can lower the price. Currently, each one takes over 12 hours to manufacture. If I sell them at $30 each I'm actually losing money. My desire is to make a quality product that is very useful and can be used by professional pilots and holds up well in the elements and is not blown around in the wind. In the end I wanted it to be able to be disassembled for storage. There was nothing like this on the market that could fold away and yet is extremely sturdy when assembled. Add to the price that we are giving away a $20 cable with each one and it is actually a pretty decent deal.

I hope that in the near future I can make something that is more along the lines of your pricing needs. If I'm ever able to get to a price point that is close to your request and still able to offer a quality product that I can back unconditionally I will be overjoyed.

Here is a short video that shows how we designed the item to work and it works really well. This one is for the iPad Mini:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
Hi Guys,

Thank you for your concern. Just wanted to let you know that we sell plenty. There are huge differences between ours and the ones selling for $12 on feebay. Current print times on a pro version is 3 weeks.

Thanks,
Stacy

Yeah, 88 dollars.
I have to admit that that was pretty funny and even got a laugh out of me. But you are still incorrect.

First if you are buying a white sunshade you've already been taken advantage of, white is not what you need to be working with when trying to get the proper contrast for any kind of monitoring situation. Especially in bright sunlight.

Second, I've got nearly $12 in plastic in mine and that does not include me paying taxes, maintaining the machine or the hours involved in the process of manufacturing, assembling, packaging and shipping.

Third, here is one of my customers who tried a bunch of the less expensive Shades and he does a better job of explaining the difference than myself.
Link: https://www.facebook.com/droning.on.9/posts/1570673179864382

Thank you guys. Keep them coming it's fun debating with you on my pricing, and it is actually helping me sell. Because of this debate I sold another one yesterday.

Do not come into a thread and crap all over it. He can sell them for $200 if he wants, it's up to him. If you don't want to buy, move on.

Do not come into a thread and crap all over it. He can sell them for $200 if he wants, it's up to him. If you don't want to buy, move on.

Mine was a joke and the OP kinda of got it.

And respectfully, I was not crapping on this thread. Furthermore, I think a vendor would appreciate feedback from potential buyers. OP clearly says that the discussion has increased their sales...So our 'crap' obviously smells like roses to OP. :p

Maybe one day when we are mass producing we can lower the price. Currently, each one takes over 12 hours to manufacture. If I sell them at $30 each I'm actually losing money. My desire is to make a quality product that is very useful and can be used by professional pilots and holds up well in the elements and is not blown around in the wind. In the end I wanted it to be able to be disassembled for storage. There was nothing like this on the market that could fold away and yet is extremely sturdy when assembled. Add to the price that we are giving away a $20 cable with each one and it is actually a pretty decent deal.

I hope that in the near future I can make something that is more along the lines of your pricing needs. If I'm ever able to get to a price point that is close to your request and still able to offer a quality product that I can back unconditionally I will be overjoyed.

Here is a short video that shows how we designed the item to work and it works really well. This one is for the iPad Mini:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I will buy one!

We just released our much requested iPad Air 2 Sunshade for the Phantom 3. It'ssturdy, fits the stock controller, and then neatly stores inside itself when you're not flying. Check it out and let us know what you think. These are not our promo photos but they do show the newly released product.

http://aerialdroneaccessories.com/pr...and-phantom-3/

Let us know what you think.

View attachment 20120 View attachment 20120View attachment 20121 View attachment 20122 View attachment 20123 View attachment 20124
Ok I want one how long before I can get it for my ipad air2?

Might be helpful if you take these outside and actually show how they work in the sunlight. Take some video and stills. The 2 issues I have with the folding white ones for around $25.00 is that they are very heavy and cause the Phantom 3's holder to fall back, even after tightening and 2, the iPad still has a problem with direct sunlight conditions even with the sunshade on. I'd be interested to see it in action to see how well it helps to block the sun and provide a good bright picture.

Might be helpful if you take these outside and actually show how they work in the sunlight. Take some video and stills. The 2 issues I have with the folding white ones for around $25.00 is that they are very heavy and cause the Phantom 3's holder to fall back, even after tightening and 2, the iPad still has a problem with direct sunlight conditions even with the sunshade on. I'd be interested to see it in action to see how well it helps to block the sun and provide a good bright picture.

Hi Gregg,

I'll try to get some good pictures to show the difference. I've not had an issue personally with the sunshade not holding up. I do have to keep it tightened though. I only have to tighten it every couple of months. Not a big deal though.

Thanks,
Stacy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.